Page 84 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Well, our winters would get a lot more open, so I guess that's something.

Could even build and outdoor stadium because it will never be used past Thanksgiving. Maybe this isn't such a bad idea.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Sorry, scheduling a game against a non scholarship basketball school at a baseball stadium as a litmus test on future neutral site games is dumb. Any Ivy League school, or at least a solid nationally known HBCU like Grambling or Southern would have been a better pick by a mile.
    Actually, it makes a lot of sense:

By scheduling a game against a team that is not "in region" and does not have a lot of fans traveling to watch, it frees up more tickets for NDSU fans. This way NDSU will have a better understanding of what the max number of tickets that will be purchased for one of their games by NDSU fans.

If NDSU is looking to do another one of these games in the future, they may be looking at a larger venue. A fact is that many HBCU's travel very, very well. If NDSU determines from the Butler game that there is demand for say 45k tickets, then the plan could be in the works to play another game like this against a "high quality" HBCU that travels well. If that team was to being an additional 10k fans, that would be potentially 50k-60k fans for a game at US Bank Stadium or somewhere comparable.

Make sure to look at the long term data and information that will be gathered from this game - it will help to answer questions about ticket demand and availability in the future years for Bison games.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Not this shit again.
    "All I Have To Do Is Scream"

Screa-ea-ea-ea-eam, scream, scream, scream

With each new thread ... I start to dream
    for a new stadium ... and Big-12 team
    Godammit I want it ... so all I have to do is

When I get tired ... of FCS
    and want to move ... without more cash
    Screa-ea-ea-ea-eam

I can make it mine ... just say it many times
    on Bisonville night and day
    Only trouble is ... gee whiz
    I'm really not willing to pay

But I need it so ... I'll never rest
    I'll even take ... the Mountain West
    Screa-ea-ea-ea-eam

I can make it mine ... just say it many times
    on Bisonville night and day
    Only trouble is ... gee whiz
    I ain't got no power or say

But I need it bad ... and that is why
    I'll bring it up ... and won't be shy
    Don't give me excuses ... 'cause all I'm gonna do is
    Screa-ea-eam

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Let me try to do this again. In order to get to the TOP of the FBS you need 100-200 million dollars. To get to the middle of FBS you need 60 million dollars. So, you want to double the athletic budget to be in the middle of the division?

IMO, better than being on the bottom of the division.

FBS isn't some monolithic division, the G5 is heavily under-resourced and is already in it's own segregated, lesser division.
    And yet these schools continue to keep coming up with the money year after year, so how "under-resourced" are they?

I suppose we can continue to beat up on the "sisters for the poor" and play on the road in high school stadiums in front of high school crowds year after year, or we could play teams with similar facilities with similar quality of athlete's which will result in more competitive games week after week. Currently, NDSU is playing below their pay grade.

i would move up just to own und
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Well, our winters would get a lot more open, so I guess that's something.

Could even build and outdoor stadium because it will never be used past Thanksgiving. Maybe this isn't such a bad idea.
    Now your talking.

Can you imagine NDSU's schedule of:

at Minnesota
    Home Central Michigan
    Home SDSU (need 1 cupcake)
    at Oklahoma
    Home Boise State
    at UNLV
    at San Diego
    Home Wyoming
    at Colorado State
    Home Fresno
    at Air Force
    Home Nevada

That'd be amazing!! travelling to san diego, vegas, colorado twice and then getting 2 Power 5 games a year!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    There were a lot of the same arguments against moving up to FCS as you are making here. I really don't think funding will be a problem. I have a lot of faith in our football fundraising capabilities. I think a lot of donors would come out of the woodwork if we play, and compete, with P5 programs on a yearly basis and play a better lever of competition on a weekly basis. The state of ND really is behind this team and it will only grow with a move up. Conversely, if we can no longer schedule P5 programs and continue to dominate every team we play, I believe fan (donor) interest will start to wane over time. I really don't think money will be a problem with this program. Will it be easy, no, but anything worth having is never easy. If the administration has the will, there will be a way to come up with the money. I have little doubt about that.

Don't get me wrong, I have many of the same misgivings about going FBS as you. There are many cons, just as there are many pros. I just feel we are at the peak of our power in FCS, so to speak, and if we don't move up to a higher level of competition, the program will start to regress.
    There is no better level of competition to be had on a weekly basis. It’s the same level of competition, just more expensive and with nothing to play for at the end.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    yeah I wish we were playing a differnt team- but our NonCon next year is actually pretty stacked so I am glad we have this game to start the season. .
    Our NonCon next year is pretty stacked? Next year we have Butler and then UN_. That's two of the biggest cupcakes you can find.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    There is no better level of competition to be had on a weekly basis. It’s the same level of competition, just more expensive and with nothing to play for at the end.
    Are you sure nothing to play for in the end. I believe G5 teams play in many of the bowl games. Eventually they will have their own playoffs when the P5 totally cuts them off. Also, G5 teams are more competitive and at least they don't play in high school stadiums with 2000 fans.