Page 83 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    NDSU would not have a choice though

NDSU has as much chance of a MWC invite as JMU has a AAC invite

and fyi if a MWC invite came id be all for it, MAC or SB,,,undecided
    MAC or Sunbelt just seem an odd fit, plus I think they would never happen. The Mountain West or forming a new FBS conference with the best of the Big Sky and MVFC seem to be the only possibilities.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    MAC or Sunbelt just seem an odd fit, plus I think they would never happen. The Mountain West or forming a new FBS conference with the best of the Big Sky and MVFC seem to be the only possibilities.
    new conference isnt allowed though i dont think, im sure they could petition the NCAA like Liberty did though, but then if we are going to go with a bunch of current FCS schools we already play what would the advantage be?

An inch or two of rain during the overnight hours of August 30th would make things a lot more interesting.

The Twins are scheduled to resume play at Target Field on September 6th.

I suppose 6 days would be ample time to repair chewed up turf...…..I think......

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am curious what the seating would be like at this game. Thinking about going but have never been to the stadium.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I am curious what the seating would be like at this game. Thinking about going but have never been to the stadium.
    Just google football at Target Field. There are plenty of photos. Looks like crap for football. And I even went to a few Vikings games at the Twins baseball Met Stadium. All I remember is the action was a long ways away.

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Just google football at Target Field. There are plenty of photos. Looks like crap for football. And I even went to a few Vikings games at the Twins baseball Met Stadium. All I remember is the action was a long ways away.
    Beer can help with that

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    You just made my point for me. NDSU is at 28 million dollars. You'd have to double that to get to CFU and look at how they are treated.

There were a lot of the same arguments against moving up to FCS as you are making here. I really don't think funding will be a problem. I have a lot of faith in our football fundraising capabilities. I think a lot of donors would come out of the woodwork if we play, and compete, with P5 programs on a yearly basis and play a better lever of competition on a weekly basis. The state of ND really is behind this team and it will only grow with a move up. Conversely, if we can no longer schedule P5 programs and continue to dominate every team we play, I believe fan (donor) interest will start to wane over time. I really don't think money will be a problem with this program. Will it be easy, no, but anything worth having is never easy. If the administration has the will, there will be a way to come up with the money. I have little doubt about that.

Don't get me wrong, I have many of the same misgivings about going FBS as you. There are many cons, just as there are many pros. I just feel we are at the peak of our power in FCS, so to speak, and if we don't move up to a higher level of competition, the program will start to regress.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    There were a lot of the same arguments against moving up to FCS as you are making here. I really don't think funding will be a problem. I have a lot of faith in our football fundraising capabilities. I think a lot of donors would come out of the woodwork if we play, and compete, with P5 programs on a yearly basis and play a better lever of competition on a weekly basis. The state of ND really is behind this team and it will only grow with a move up. Conversely, if we can no longer schedule P5 programs and continue to dominate every team we play, I believe fan (donor) interest will start to wane over time. I really don't think money will be a problem with this program. Will it be easy, no, but anything worth having is never easy. If the administration has the will, there will be a way to come up with the money. I have little doubt about that.

Don't get me wrong, I have many of the same misgivings about going FBS as you. There are many cons, just as there are many pros. I just feel we are at the peak of our power in FCS, so to speak, and if we don't move up to a higher level of competition, the program will start to regress.
    Let me try to do this again. In order to get to the TOP of the FBS you need 100-200 million dollars. To get to the middle of FBS you need 60 million dollars. So, you want to double the athletic budget to be in the middle of the division?

FBS isn't some monolithic division, the G5 is heavily under-resourced and is already in it's own segregated, lesser division.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't think budgets are a massive issue if we are going to be a G5 team, App State is one of the best and their budget is $35 million.

If we could get to $40 million we would be doing very well.

The only thing holding us back is a conference invite and that is something that is going to be a lot harder to overcome than money.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Please PM me when someone comes up with a new argument on the FBS issue.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix