Page 118 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1572

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

  1. #1171
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    West Central Minnesota
    Posts
    3,573

    Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

    Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Now you are into that's bananas territory. Try again.
    Reminds me of the DEFCON ratings: from a high of "Crazy" to "Bananas" to "Nuts" to "Odd" to "I doubt it."

  2. #1172
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    5,160

    Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

    Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Where are most people planning on staying?
    We have reservations at the Normandy Inn. It's within walking distance of Target Field and US Bank Stadium so it's our favorite place for attending games.
    Wherever you go, there you are.

  3. #1173
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    12,674

    Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Downtown I'd guess. That's where our whole crew is staying. The alumni association also sent out a list of downtown hotels with room blocks at special rates until early August: https://www.ndsualumni.com/2019/ndsu-vs-butler-hotels

    I was able to book a room at the Westin downtown with a $90/night bid on Priceline. If you look on Priceline or anywhere else for a specific hotel downtown you won't find anything under $100 (and plenty over $200) but hotels are also going to have increased demand since, along with all us Bison fans rolling in, the Minnesota State Fair is happening at the same time as well.

    If you do Priceline's name your price or Hotwire you can't choose a specific hotel, just an area and a star rating but anything in downtown Minneapolis should be walking distance from Target Field at that time of year. That's also non-refundable as well unless you pay extra for "insurance" (which doesn't include you just deciding to cancel because you want to).
    I've tended to use Priceline's express deal. I get lower prices and I've always been able to figure out exactly what hotel I was choosing. You just had to look at the review rating and the number of reviews and round down.

    For example, I pulled up Priceline for that weekend and sorted for 3* hotels. I see a 3.5* for $102. It's got an 8+ rating and 100 reviews. So I scroll further and see the Radisson Red is a 3.5* rated at 8.4 with 110 reviews. Bingo. At least I know what I'm getting ahead of time. Might not save as much money, but I'm the type of person who likes to know what I'm getting and will pay a little extra for that comfort.

    Sorry if everyone already knows this "trick".


    (I'm not coming to the game or staying at the hotel I listed; just used it as an example of how to figure out what you're getting.)

  4. #1174
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,086

    Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

    If you donít want to pay for downtown prices, then you could stay near the Mall of America for a bit cheaper and plan to take the blue line. For about $4 you can easily ride downtown both ways. It goes right to Target field and is easy to hop on and hop off of. There is free tran parking by the Mall of Anerica.

  5. #1175
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,852

    Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    We have reservations at the Normandy Inn. It's within walking distance of Target Field and US Bank Stadium so it's our favorite place for attending games.
    We didn't take many vacations when I was a kid but Minneapolis in the summer for Valley Fair and a Twins game were very common. We almost always stayed at the Normandy. I loved it because it meant I was going to a Twins game!

    I'm willing to bet a large percentage of the attendees for this game live in the Twin Cities and will stay at home. Some of them may normally travel to Fargo for regular season games, but most probably see this as an opportunity to see the Bison play and hang with other alumni. This game is as much about developing alumni in the Twin Cities area as it is playing a football game.

  6. #1176
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oak Ridge, NC
    Posts
    6,262

    Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    We didn't take many vacations when I was a kid but Minneapolis in the summer for Valley Fair and a Twins game were very common. We almost always stayed at the Normandy. I loved it because it meant I was going to a Twins game!

    I'm willing to bet a large percentage of the attendees for this game live in the Twin Cities and will stay at home. Some of them may normally travel to Fargo for regular season games, but most probably see this as an opportunity to see the Bison play and hang with other alumni. This game is much more about developing alumni in the Twin Cities area as it is playing a football game.
    Adjusted it for you!
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

  7. #1177
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oak Ridge, NC
    Posts
    6,262

    Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

    Thanks everyone for all the info.

    Staying at Emery Minneapolis. Looks pretty nice and very reasonable for downtown.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

  8. #1178
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Hillsboro, ND
    Posts
    8,375

    Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

    Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    If you donít want to pay for downtown prices, then you could stay near the Mall of America for a bit cheaper and plan to take the blue line. For about $4 you can easily ride downtown both ways. It goes right to Target field and is easy to hop on and hop off of. There is free tran parking by the Mall of Anerica.
    This... There is also free parking up at that spot just north of the airport if you don't want to deal with the MOA madness.

    Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

  9. #1179
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    17,661

    Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

    Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    This... There is also free parking up at that spot just north of the airport if you don't want to deal with the MOA madness.

    Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    Fort snelling.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

    Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

  10. #1180
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fifty Lakes, MN
    Posts
    27,668

    Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

    We stayed at the Depot for the goof games. Pretty nice plus the restaurant at that time was pretty good as well. What I found interesting about the place was it was the old train station that we had to stop at going from Fargo to LaCrosse when I was at NDSU.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

    When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

    It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •