Page 77 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

I heard Ndsu will have an infield in the dome next year.

Those who are against this game can kick rocks.

I am working on my season ticket holder friends to go. I have need for 6 tickets already and could balloon to over 20 in total once people get back to me. Looking forward to a great time for an outdoor game that people bitch about to in the early season. Did not here them bitching last weekend in the cold and wind.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Why will this be a must attend game? It will be the largest assemblence of Bison fans to watch a sporing event in history!!! 40,000+ !!!!!!!!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

If it wasn't the same year as Delaware I'd definitely make the trip.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    If it wasn't the same year as Delaware I'd definitely make the trip.
    Same here. If I’m going to travel for a game, I want to see a partially competitive one. I’ll be doing Delaware instead.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    That is a part of the reason for tickets going on sale now vs. closer to the game. From what I've been told the Twins missed their ticket revenue budget by a decent amount (shocking I know), and they're releasing these tickets in '18 to vs. '19 to try to make up some of it.
    If that’s true it’s a bumb reason as one ticket sales aren’t actually revenue until the event happens, two even if that’s not how they evaluate internally presumably the people who care about the budget understand which events are in the revenue projection and which aren’t so they’ll be able to tell the difference between a forecast error and a variance in performance and three even if they can’t, presumably there’s a budget for 2019 that is now going to start out in the hole by whatever “revenue” you just pushed forward.

I imagine that they’re making tickets available now because there’s some real world benefit to doing so.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Why will this be a must attend game? It will be the largest assemblence of Bison fans to watch a sporing event in history!!! 40,000+ !!!!!!!!
    Not sure what the seating configuration is for football...does it even have that many seats?
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Not sure what the seating configuration is for football...does it even have that many seats?
    According to the Target Field website it's 38,871.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    If that’s true it’s a bumb reason as one ticket sales aren’t actually revenue until the event happens, two even if that’s not how they evaluate internally presumably the people who care about the budget understand which events are in the revenue projection and which aren’t so they’ll be able to tell the difference between a forecast error and a variance in performance and three even if they can’t, presumably there’s a budget for 2019 that is now going to start out in the hole by whatever “revenue” you just pushed forward.

I imagine that they’re making tickets available now because there’s some real world benefit to doing so.
    Maybe cash for a debt covenant? But I doubt that. They normally sell tickets for their concerts well in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    Maybe cash for a debt covenant? But I doubt that. They normally sell tickets for their concerts well in advance.
    In my mind I'd think along the same lines as Audit. You're probably on the right track though, it has to be a cashflow related desire.

I'm not going to pretend to understand the Twins internal financial reporting, but I'd be surprised if there are ten people outside the Twins organization or MLB with better knowledge of their overall financial situation than my source, and when I causally mentioned being surprised to see tickets already available he immediately responded that the timing was directly related to the miss in this years ticket sales budget.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.