Page 74 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by bisontown View Post
    Easy fix, don't go then.
    I don't plan on going, but then I still should be able to express my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    Our friends in Brookings get to try and row the boat on Thursday night before our game. Nice of them to play opener before the main show rolls into town on Saturday.

https://gophersports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=351
    So now they get to be the opening act before the main concert?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    Let's be honest for a moment.... NDSU chose to do this game because it was something that was unique and different. This game was originally scheduled in Fargo but when the Twins came with the proposal, NDSU chose to move the game. If this game would have been played in Fargo the games attendance would be OK but there would be absolutely no life in the crowd and the majority would be outside tailgating by the 2nd quarter.

Generally speaking the non-conference schedule in Fargo is uneventful and the games are usually VERY boring. We don't get the FBS games that we used to and with only 1 or 2 "good" home games annually the fear among administration is that the fans will eventually start finding other ways to spend their money. To be honest as a lifelong NDSU fan, alum and regular attendee/tailgater I've even been considering what else I should be doing since MOST times when I enter the Fargodome the game has already been decided before it starts.

People on this board keep on telling me how awesome it is to win every game, go to the playoffs and win Nattys but if every year i'm hoping to see possibly 1 or 2 competitive football games all year long I start to yawn.

The games that everyone remembers (UNI loud, last minute comeback against SHSU, the two playoff games against GSU) are few and far between. Even our most important rivalry games don't have the buzz that they once did. The reason..... Everyone ultimately believes that we will win and they are going to save their enthusiasm for January.

Honestly, that is where we are at with NDSU football. Our success is unprecedented and by the looks of it should continue for the next decade or more. This was NDSU's opportunity to put some life back into the fanbase. Some will bitch because they lost a home game. MOST will take this as an opportunity to take a trip to the Twin Cities and have some fun. After all, isn't that what it's all about as a fan.... having fun?

Meanwhile, will someone wake me up in January?
    Well if you are going to be honest you might want to correct your first paragraph. If you plan on exiting the dome in the second quarter you will be monitored to see you leave the parking lot. Tailgating is not allowed in the Fargodome lot while the game is still being played. Maybe can leave in mid 4th quarter and get away with it. Just clarifying since someone quoted you for truth.

Which is why there will be 30,000 plus excited Bison fans there. Get a grip. Notre Dame plays Navy in San Diego this weekend. They're 24 point favorites. It's not all about the game.
    Are they playing in a baseball stadium with a dirt infield?

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Who cares, there's been football games played in Wrigley Field, Yankee Stadium, it's part of the draw for some fans!

You saying there won't be 30,000 people at Target Field?

Nope. But they played at Fenway a few years ago for a regular season game. Nice try though.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    Who cares, there's been football games played in Wrigley Field, Yankee Stadium, it's part of the draw for some fans!
    Or the coliseum in Oakland. Heck tons of NFL stadiums used to have the dirt infield as part of the field. I like the nostalgia factor it has.

Quote Originally Posted by bisontown View Post
    Or the coliseum in Oakland. Heck tons of NFL stadiums used to have the dirt infield as part of the field. I like the nostalgia factor it has.
    Didnt the packers play in county stadium for a while?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Which is why there will be 30,000 plus excited Bison fans there. Get a grip. Notre Dame plays Navy in San Diego this weekend. They're 24 point favorites. It's not all about the game.
    Playing in San Diego against a team like Navy would be pretty cool this time of year let alone playing Notre Dame. A guy could dream.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS