Page 138 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1572

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    on the Hero sports podcast, BMac said that all HBCU schools easily attract 100k+ every game and have the most insane fan bases and are the benchmark for the highest level of football, including the NFL.

Dont think there is a stadium in existence that could hold one of their fan bases , much less any fans from NDSU. It would be the toughest ticket in the history of events, just ask Bmac
    Great, let's play NC A&T twice, once at US Bank and once in Charlotte, Raleigh or Chapel Hill (I don't think the Greensboro area has a large football stadium).
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Anyone else have the feeling that this is specifically a test for a future UND game at US bank?
    No possible way. This is all a Target Field deal. Folks are WAY overthinking this. The Twins saw a market opportunity to make more money on their ballpark for smaller college football games since it seats more then the home colleges can, but not so massive that it makes no sense (ie US Bank). This is all incremental money for them; not the main source of dough. Could their be more games at Target Field? Yes. Will there be games at US Bank stadium, no. They would have to charge a premium as it simply is not used that much.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    No possible way. This is all a Target Field deal. Folks are WAY overthinking this. The Twins saw a market opportunity to make more money on their ballpark for smaller college football games since it seats more then the home colleges can, but not so massive that it makes no sense (ie US Bank). This is all incremental money for them; not the main source of dough. Could their be more games at Target Field? Yes. Will there be games at US Bank stadium, no. They would have to charge a premium as it simply is not used that much.
    Right on the money I would say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Will there be games at US Bank stadium, no. They would have to charge a premium as it simply is not used that much.
    I wouldn't go that far, nor would it be crazy for a game to be held at US Bank Stadium. There are plenty of NFL stadiums that host small (and I mean SMALL) games. Shoot, this past January the Sunday after the Frisco game me and my girlfriend took one of those guided tours of the Cowboy stadium and they were having a intramural championship game being played. There was around 1,000 people there, and saying 1,000 is being very generous.

I don't necessarily agree with MB that this is a test run for US Bank Stadium but I do think a potential benefit is it shows the draw that NDSU has in the twin cities which could entice US Bank Stadium to take it under consideration. I also don't understand why they'd have to charge a premium to make it work at US Bank Stadium either. The Celebration Bowl is played at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta and has never had more than 35,000 tickets sold for it and that stadium has a capacity of 71k which is 5k more than US Bank Stadium. I realize it was partially a test for the Final Four but last year NDSU's basketball team played at US Bank Stadium for prices that were roughly on par with this Target Field football game (link). I really don't think it's that crazy given the tickets they've sold for this Target Field event... but it would require the stadium commission to be a willing partner which is something I have no idea whether they will do but there's precedent that's been set elsewhere that proves it's feasible.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Anyone else have the feeling that this is specifically a test for a future UND game at US bank?

Certainly this could be for future OOC games, no doubt, however I have a feeling that the games they have circled on future schedules are UND games... Depending on how much money we make, this could mean replacing a home game against UND, or replacing games at the Alerus. Unless they're testing for future FBS games (which would be cool, but extraordinarily unlikely) I think they're trying to pimp future games against the whioux.

I could be very very wrong on this, but only time will tell
    No! You are wrong on this and don't need to wait.

Certainly this could be for future OOC games, no doubt, however I have a feeling that the games they have circled on future schedules are UND games... Depending on how much money we make, this could mean replacing a home game against UND, or replacing games at the Alerus. Unless they're testing for future FBS games (which would be cool, but extraordinarily unlikely) I think they're trying to pimp future games against the whioux.

yup Dave Lil Peter and UND are going to screw us, just watch. They put this olive branch out of allowing NDSU to have a game down there , milk all of our beer money, tickets etc..... just so they can go back and giggle to each other about raping NDSU and then saying " well, Alerus is too small for ndsu/und, we are going to have the 2021 and 2023 game at Target Field and UND will be the home team and get 75% of the tickets"

congrats matt larson. You played Yo'self.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    yup Dave Lil Peter and UND are going to screw us, just watch. They put this olive branch out of allowing NDSU to have a game down there , milk all of our beer money, tickets etc..... just so they can go back and giggle to each other about raping NDSU and then saying " well, Alerus is too small for ndsu/und, we are going to have the 2021 and 2023 game at Target Field and UND will be the home team and get 75% of the tickets"

congrats matt larson. You played Yo'self.
    If "Dave Lil Peter" expects UND to sell 75% of the tickets... he will have played himself.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    No! You are wrong on this and don't need to wait.
    I could see UND wanting the game in the cities. Why, they would get a bigger gate then Alerus and you it for marketing the school.

The St. John's / St. Thomas games that have been at Target Field and upcoming at the new soccer pitch are St. Thomas home games. Why, they sell more tickets and they make money off of St. Thomas buying out their allocation and buying half of St. Thomas.

I have been suggesting this for years. Play a game at TCF or US BANK. NDSU vs. UND or UNI.

Have 40k there at 50/ticket or whatever they get for the Butler game. Promote to the high schools to come to NDSU college recruitment on the U of M Campus or US Bank Staduim.

Have a Bison Bidder Bowl type event after the game in our of the banquet rooms in the respective stadiums for all the NDSU Alum that don't make it back to the NDSU Bidders Bowl during homecoming. They alum don't come to Fargo, bring the legends to Minneapolis. Or as pat would say, we don't get a nickel from the Bidder's bowl at Homecoming. Well start your own.

Oh well, but I would see it happening.

a few points:

1. I'm not advocating for this, It's just me trying to read the tea leaves. I'm not trying to prove a point or anything

2. If not for a UND-NDSU game, what would Matt Larsen have been referring to in his comment (and I am paraphrasing) "This is will be a barometer to explore other similar opportunities in the future" comment? What would the other similar opportunities be? Play a cupcake at TF every year? or is this a one off spectacle game
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS