Page 78 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

Default Re: NDSU looks at possible football game at Target Field

For those complaining about the game being in a baseball stadium, keep in mind:

1. NDSU can potentially make $1 million for the game, which is more than any guarantee game we have played ever to date (Iowa in 2016 was $500k)
    2. The game is on a long weekend when people may be traveling in the area already for other end of summer activities (my family will be going to the Minnesota State fair before the game and also visiting friends in the Twin Cities).
    3. It gives people an opportunity to get to a game that can drive more easily to the Twin Cities or fly into MSP at a more reasonable cost than going through Hector.
    4. The game will be used to showcase NDSU in the Twin Cities - NDSU already pays for billboards that show "NDSU", so this is a marketing ploy and recruitment tool as well.

Potentially the most important:
    5. NDSU may be looking at this game to project a future neutral site game at a larger venue (US Bank Stadium, etc.), and by playing a team that won't bring many fans to the game, NDSU can determine how many NDSU fans would go to a game at a larger location base on the attendance numbers at Target Field and how quickly tickets sell out. If the game doesn't sell out, then NDSU will know what its limits are for future games. If it sells out (especially if it occurs early), then NDSU will know that they can "go bigger" in the future.

Matt Larson has already stated that future neutral site games may become more common for NDSU because FBS teams won't schedule us, and many FCS teams are declining as well. This game and all statistics about the fan attendance, monetary payout, date of the game, merchandise sales, recruiting, athletic performance, schedule opportunities, and other characteristics will be scrutinized and considered for future use.

Personally, I would have gone to the Delaware game if this game was not scheduled as I lived on the east coast for 5 years and a return trip out there would have been fun. But the opportunity for taking my 2 young children and having a group of about 25 friends get together as a central location for a long weekend outweighs the fact that the game will be over by halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUKurt View Post

1. NDSU can potentially make $1 million for the game, which is more than any guarantee game we have played ever to date (Iowa in 2016 was $500k)
    2. The game is on a long weekend when people may be traveling in the area already for other end of summer activities (my family will be going to the Minnesota State fair before the game and also visiting friends in the Twin Cities).
    3. It gives people an opportunity to get to a game that can drive more easily to the Twin Cities or fly into MSP at a more reasonable cost than going through Hector.
    4. The game will be used to showcase NDSU in the Twin Cities - NDSU already pays for billboards that show "NDSU", so this is a marketing ploy and recruitment tool as well.

5. NDSU may be looking at this game to project a future neutral site game at a larger venue (US Bank Stadium, etc.), and by playing a team that won't bring many fans to the game, NDSU can determine how many NDSU fans would go to a game at a larger location base on the attendance numbers at Target Field and how quickly tickets sell out. If the game doesn't sell out, then NDSU will know what its limits are for future games. If it sells out (especially if it occurs early), then NDSU will know that they can "go bigger" in the future.

Matt Larson has already stated that future neutral site games may become more common for NDSU because FBS teams won't schedule us, and many FCS teams are declining as well. This game and all statistics about the fan attendance, monetary payout, date of the game, merchandise sales, recruiting, athletic performance, schedule opportunities, and other characteristics will be scrutinized and considered for future use.

Personally, I would have gone to the Delaware game if this game was not scheduled as I lived on the east coast for 5 years and a return trip out there would have been fun. But the opportunity for taking my 2 young children and having a group of about 25 friends get together as a central location for a long weekend outweighs the fact that the game will be over by halftime.

also quoted for truth
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

The presale for these tickets is just another reason to become a Team Maker.

On a separate topic:
    There should be a way for all the people that put in money for the 50/50 draws during Bison sporting events to get some credit for that and therefore become a Team Maker. Why could why not run your license through a reader and then enter in the amount of money you used to buy 50/50 chances. It can not be that hard to do with technology in today's world.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    The presale for these tickets is just another reason to become a Team Maker.

On a separate topic:
    There should be a way for all the people that put in money for the 50/50 draws during Bison sporting events to get some credit for that and therefore become a Team Maker. Why could why not run your license through a reader and then enter in the amount of money you used to buy 50/50 chances. It can not be that hard to do with technology in today's world.
    Great idea! Think of all the $20. bills so many ppl have contributed!

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    Great idea! Think of all the $20. bills so many ppl have contributed!
    I wish they made $40 bills

This is all too logical for SDBison. You should be sensitive to his needs. :-p

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    This is all too logical for SDBison. You should be sensitive to his needs. :-p
    Yeah OK, big Marketing ploy. The twin cities are starved for football and people will pay good money to sit 100 yards from the field. I drive 25O miles for every Bison home game and some additional games more or less distance. This game does not interest me to attend for all the hassles, poor seating, crap opponent. Wow, you guys must really be butt hurt to focus on me not caring to attend this game. There are many others that feel the same and I doubt you are changing their mind. BTW, every time you mention me I will be sure to reply to this thread.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sorry, scheduling a game against a non scholarship basketball school at a baseball stadium as a litmus test on future neutral site games is dumb. Any Ivy League school, or at least a solid nationally known HBCU like Grambling or Southern would have been a better pick by a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Sorry, scheduling a game against a non scholarship basketball school at a baseball stadium as a litmus test on future neutral site games is dumb. Any Ivy League school, or at least a solid nationally known HBCU like Grambling or Southern would have been a better pick by a mile.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Did they have an option to "pick" an opponent? Didn't the Twins organize this after Butler was already scheduled? the OOC next year is Butler, UND,@ Delaware, UC Davis correct? More to this behind the scenes than just picking a day and opponent I would guess
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant