Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome Expansion

Default Re: Fargodome Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by SC_TX View Post
    Only expand the stadium if there is a plan to move to FBS
    Stadium needs expanding regardless of any move to FBS. NDSU should be trying to grow attendance no matter what the future holds.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Speaking of Emergency exits. I was in the top corner of Kinnick. If that mother burned down I would have died for sure......
    The hazard level in an open air stadium situation is much lower given the lack of big heavy things to fall on your head. Also, there is probably the tested equivalent of 4 hours or more of fire separation provided by that concrete stadium between you and a burning popcorn popper in the concourse below. You would have a bunch of time to get out before "that mother burned down".
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Stadium needs expanding regardless of any move to FBS. NDSU should be trying to grow attendance no matter what the future holds.
    Absolutely. Look no further than Montana. Slowly chipped away at it

Capacity 25,217 (2008–present)
    23,183 (2003–2007)
    19,005 (2002)
    18,845 (1995–2001)
    12,500 (1986–1994)

I think the dome needs to slowly add seats. We can't do the huge expansion but regardless of FCS or FBS, we need more suites and convention space.

I don't like the plan they put together. The general idea is good but it would only add capacity for up to 600 up top on the west side. Problem with that is it's not wide enough. They need to have suites up top from the end zone to the end zone. These suites would only be between the 30's. And if they build that rooftop deck for weddings, it would have to be built to be load bearing or else well have the same problem we have now with the east side addition.

I'd like to see suites from the end zone to the endzone on the west side and then do the same thing on the south endzone and connect it to the shac with a sky way so they can utilize both buildings.

These would be high donor suites

I think it could be a mix of this plan (notice the south end addition, not the arena)

And this on the west something like this but wider. But that still could mess up any chance of meaningful numbers of seats

Last edited by HerdBot; 09-23-2016 at 08:24 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Couldn't they add a few hundred more seats by removing the north endzone press box that just sits empty?

That said the biggest problem the dome has is that it hugely lacks in premium seating options, it is basically in the stadium design stone-age as far as that category is concerned.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

The dome is fricking almost 25 years old already. It was outdated the day it opened. The city and NDSU need to start thinking about a new facility at some point. That point was about 5 years ago! WTF is it so hard to plan ahead???

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Couldn't they add a few hundred more seats by removing the north endzone press box that just sits empty?

That said the biggest problem the dome has is that it hugely lacks in premium seating options, it is basically in the stadium design stone-age as far as that category is concerned.

Yes I believe that is part of the plan to remove that press box.

I don't know how much good premium seating does, seeing as how the Fargodome gets most of the proceeds from what I understand. NDSU isn't making bond payments or paying maintenance on the place either though, so I wonder what kind of net revenue they are generating compared to say the new SDSU stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    The dome is fricking almost 25 years old already. It was outdated the day it opened. The city and NDSU need to start thinking about a new facility at some point. That point was about 5 years ago! WTF is it so hard to plan ahead???
    The dome was built with a lifespan of well over 100 years. It's a rock solid brick building that is in really good shape. Not only is it in good shape, it's one of the few buildings out there that actually MAKES money. (the alerus loses money every year)

Technology wise, it has world class video boards, great parking, and HD quality lights. Besides the obvious needing more seats, the only thing it is lacking is suites, a concourse on the west side, added convention space, and maybe some wifi upgrades. Probably a few more bathrooms and replace the red seats.

And don't forget... the dome is PAID FOR and has a surplus fund.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

If that happens where they play while dome remodeled? That might take 2 years to complete?

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Speaking of Emergency exits. I was in the top corner of Kinnick. If that mother burned down I would have died for sure......

[/OBLIGATORY]
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Yes I believe that is part of the plan to remove that press box.

I don't know how much good premium seating does, seeing as how the Fargodome gets most of the proceeds from what I understand. NDSU isn't making bond payments or paying maintenance on the place either though, so I wonder what kind of net revenue they are generating compared to say the new SDSU stadium.
    Well even from the perspective of the city that is a big chunk of potential money they and NDSU are missing out on. Sad the dome was designed so poorly that there is nothing that can really be done about it.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.