Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome Expansion

Default Re: Fargodome Expansion

Our house in Oregon was a little above the median price in the Portland metro area and property taxes were around $3,100 per year. In Fargo, we are about the same percentage above the median price again and our taxes were $1,944 last year which includes $136 in special assessments for utility work done under our street a few years ago. Like Montana, Oregon has no sales tax, but they have much higher income tax rates.

I don't think I'd like paying more in taxes for a new football stadium as I remember when the sales tax was just 3% when I started working in fast food in 1985.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Anybody have access to the latest Campus master plan? I am not sure if it has been published but Supposedly a new football stadium is on there and sits where the current Ag research land is by the Rugby field. Source said Airport is not playing nice with a FFD expansion. Take it for what it's worth though as that is all 2nd hand to me, it would be easy to verify though.
    LOL The ag research land you mention is much more problematic for the airport than the FFD.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Its not the people. Its the structure of ND govt and its constitution that stifles creative funding.
    Please expound. Living within our means is an anomaly I know but not necessarily a bad thing. If it can't be sold to the public then so be it. Who in leadership is selling? Nobody.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    LOL The ag research land you mention is much more problematic for the airport than the FFD.
    yeah, I was thinking the same thing, how could the FFD be a problem when the land described is further WEST and in line with a crossing runway almost
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    Please expound. Living within our means is an anomaly I know but not necessarily a bad thing. If it can't be sold to the public then so be it. Who in leadership is selling? Nobody.

According to pasts posts financial vehicles such as bonding and others arent available as its in the constitution on how funding can be done when it comes to university buildings. You cant sell whats not available. By your post you espouse having cash on hand for building?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    According to pasts posts financial vehicles such as bonding and others arent available as its in the constitution on how funding can be done when it comes to university buildings. You cant sell whats not available. By your post you espouse having cash on hand for building?
    By selling I mean to the legislature and or public. Our rules are what they are. It's a tough sell no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Home prices I can understand. Specials make a huge difference if your in a newer neighborhood. But in the grand scheme of things, property tax is pretty insignificant. Mine has gone up 200 bucks since 2009

I don't feel over taxed at all. Well maybe by the Feds I do.

Get back to me in the next biennium when the state can no longer buy down your property tax. My taxes were cut in half during the buy down, I fully expect my property taxes to double next year.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    yeah, I was thinking the same thing, how could the FFD be a problem when the land described is further WEST and in line with a crossing runway almost
    Fargodome is taller than an outdoor stadium would be, so maybe it's plausible. Maybe.

Why would the airport oppose a Fargodome expansion? Is there a plan out there that raises the roof?

There are naysayers as there always will be, just remember what former Bison basketball Coach Tom Billiter said when they were discussing the SHAC
    He said they talked about doing this in 1992!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Yeah Montana has zero sales tax but all the other taxes thry bend you over a barrel and show you the other 49 States

Fargo Is a great bang for the buck. And North Dakota median household income is higher than Montana too

False, I own property in Montana and my real estate taxes are currently 25% higher in ND with a $100,000 lower valuation and that is with the current state buy down on property taxes. Before the state buy down, my property taxes in Mont. were less than half of my taxes in ND, even with the higher valuation in Mt.