Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome Expansion

Default Re: Fargodome Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Get back to me in the next biennium when the state can no longer buy down your property tax. My taxes were cut in half during the buy down, I fully expect my property taxes to double next year.
    wait, what? i'll have to pay for the $30 million hockey rink with my own money?
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Put where the Fargo horse park is now. We could even have a "Bison Express" going from the T-lot to the stadium.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Put where the Fargo horse park is now. We could even have a "Bison Express" going from the T-lot to the stadium.
    I still think the best spot would be just north of 12th ave between the railroad V intersection, basically NW of the viaduct. Still within "walking" distance of campus and just out of the "flyway" for the main runway. And a chance to put in some decent parking and easy access ability to 19th Ave and 12th Ave just a couple blocks from I-29.

Downside not a lot of that infrastructure is actually in place at this time, pros you could do it right this time. Fargodome lots drive me nuts every time, because it's next to impossible to get out of that place wanting to go west and north. Best spot is the NE corner lot on the east side.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    LOL The ag research land you mention is much more problematic for the airport than the FFD.
    Only passing along what I heard, hopefully someone can post a pic up of the campus master plan.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    I still think the best spot would be just north of 12th ave between the railroad V intersection, basically NW of the viaduct. Still within "walking" distance of campus and just out of the "flyway" for the main runway. And a chance to put in some decent parking and easy access ability to 19th Ave and 12th Ave just a couple blocks from I-29.
    Although this may seem ideal for fandom and making all of our lives easier, we have to remember the players are the ones who utilize the facility the most. Moving their locker room further than just a quick walk from their outdoor practice fields and weight room + new training room doesn't seem practical. It can work for teams like the Goofers to have a stadium distant and isolated from the rest of the facilities because they have their weight room, all their training facilities (practice fields, training room, pool, etc), and an everyday locker room all in the same location, making TCF Bank just a day trip for the players for the games. That's not the case for us yet. New stadium has to stay within (a short, everyday-practical) walking proximity to the rest of their regularly used facilities. Would be easy for students to make that walk one day a week for a game, but seems like a hassle for players on a daily basis.

UNLESS, the new stadium comes with all other amenities provided

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFanMan10 View Post
    Although this may seem ideal for fandom and making all of our lives easier, we have to remember the players are the ones who utilize the facility the most. Moving their locker room further than just a quick walk from their outdoor practice fields and weight room + new training room doesn't seem practical. It can work for teams like the Goofers to have a stadium distant and isolated from the rest of the facilities because they have their weight room, all their training facilities (practice fields, training room, pool, etc), and an everyday locker room all in the same location, making TCF Bank just a day trip for the players for the games. That's not the case for us yet. New stadium has to stay within (a short, everyday-practical) walking proximity to the rest of their regularly used facilities. Would be easy for students to make that walk one day a week for a game, but seems like a hassle for players on a daily basis.

Totally agree. Even now the players have to use the dome locker room and drive to the practice fields. Most bigger teams have an extra locker room in their IPF or practice in their stadium regularly. It's not very efficient. Remember when sdsu had their visitor locker room so far Away teams had a long walk at halftime?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Building a new stadium they could incorporate the extra facilities with in the stadium footprint. or not. Its now not uncommon to have players dressing rooms away from certain practice facilities.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I hear ya, but there currently is no location on/near the main campus to put a new stadium. I'd have to say anything in the research plots is likely out minus the very south end maybe. Having a large stadium that could have say 30,000+ people in it with landing and taking off airplanes going over it isn't something the FAA is going to be pleased with even if height of buildings isn't a restriction. Whenever I've flown into any airport it's always open fields or fairly low roof warehouse type buildings. There is a reason for that.

So guessing if we ever did get a new stadium that there would be facilities located near practice fields (the fargodome would still be there???) and they would only have to make a Gameday trek.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You could do some sort of Stadium/Commercial development in this area.

There would be a number of drawbacks: Number of land parcels to acquire; relocating residents and student housing; limited interstate access; the big flippin drain in the middle of it; loss of soccer fields.

Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    You could do some sort of Stadium/Commercial development in this area.

There would be a number of drawbacks: Number of land parcels to acquire; relocating residents and student housing; limited interstate access; the big flippin drain in the middle of it; loss of soccer fields.

Doesn't Ndsu development foundation own a ton of land on the east side of university?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com