Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: About all those Bad FBS teams we beat

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: About all those Bad FBS teams we beat

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    That's not true. We don't schedule ourselves and we beat ourselves all the time.

Good one...all the time...you must be young!

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    I know this is going to sound really profound to some of you but,....You can only beat the teams that you schedule! ��
    I would thoroughly enjoy seeing a game against Arkansas or Oklahoma State. Probably will never happen but it still would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    I would thoroughly enjoy seeing a game against Arkansas or Oklahoma State. Probably will never happen but it still would be cool.
    Two of my favorite states. No, not really
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

All these teams just didn't play well vs us

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Would disagree with people that Kansas was such a bad team, especially when we booked them. They had 20 decent years with Glen Mason (yes, he had some good years in Kansas) and Mark Mangino. In 2007 and 2008, Kansas won 20 games and played in a BCS bowl game. Then in 2009, they dropped off and Mangino got fired with being too rough on his players. We played them in the first game of the 2010 season.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    I know this is going to sound really profound to some of you but,....You can only beat the teams that you schedule! ��
    Mind = Blown.

10 years ago today was the first victory over an FBS team by NDSU. NDSU 29 Ball State 24. Steve Walker to Travis White for the late go ahead touchdown.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    10 years ago today was the first victory over an FBS team by NDSU. NDSU 29 Ball State 24. Steve Walker to Travis White for the late go ahead touchdown.
    Were you there?

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I sorta hate how everyone never talks about those early FCS games anymore. To this day I think that the win over Central Michigan in 2007 is one of the top 5 program wins of all time. CMU was the defending MAC champ and after the loss to us came back and won the MAC again. We DESTROYED them. I think that game proved we could compete regardless of division. (The MAC hasn't scheduled us since...)

Plus, they had Antonio Brown at the time...which is cool to think about now seeing how many players we've seen the last few years have made names for themselves in the NFL.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd Mentality View Post
    I sorta hate how everyone never talks about those early FCS games anymore. To this day I think that the win over Central Michigan in 2007 is one of the top 5 program wins of all time. CMU was the defending MAC champ and after the loss to us came back and won the MAC again. We DESTROYED them. I think that game proved we could compete regardless of division. (The MAC hasn't scheduled us since...)

Plus, they had Antonio Brown at the time...which is cool to think about now seeing how many players we've seen the last few years have made names for themselves in the NFL.
    David Johnson. I wanted the Vikings to draft him before last season when the whole Peterson thing was still sort of in limbo (the draft happened before he was officially reinstated, even though it was all but assured he would be). The Cardinals drafted him sooner than I would have wanted the Vikes to take him however. It was fun to see him blow up with the Cards.