grape jelly < any other jelly
    Hail Hydra.

Default Re: From a Hawkeye to the Bison

SEC jello wrestling > FCS jello wrestling
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    SEC jello wrestling > FCS jello wrestling
    I think you need to show your findings here...I don't think we should take your word on it.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    If Iowa wins out, their fans will be dissing us and saying they wish they could have this game back. My response is and would be to be damn careful what you ask for and, if committed to that position, petition your AD to schedule us again ASAP. That will never happen tho.

Sent from my iPhone.
    The better team that day won. Enough said on that front.

Were the two teams to play again, I don't think it'd be a far stretch to think the game could have turned out differently and that's in no means a show of disrespect for NDSU. As for playing again, as much as fans might like it, the B10 isn't allowing its members to schedule any new FCS opponents so what is already on the books will be the end of that.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampHawk View Post

Were the two teams to play again, I don't think it'd be a far stretch to think the game could have turned out differently and that's in no means a show of disrespect for NDSU. As for playing again, as much as fans might like it, the B10 isn't allowing its members to schedule any new FCS opponents so what is already on the books will be the end of that.
    And so the justification begins. It is innocent enough right now...but two weeks from now one is pretty sure that was just an off game...and then a few games after that any number of things will convince the Iowa fans that this could never happen again...and they will be right...as long as they can hide behind the conference rules. Or, they will lose again and realize this is the worst season ever and it can just be thrown out and forgotten.

Oh boy, so much to digest:

Yes, it is a stretch to think it turns out differently. And to be fair, let's have the next game in Fargo.

B1G are stupid. If they really want to improve strength of schedule, insist all games are P5 games. As it is, it allows you to schedule weak MAC team, Sunbelt teams, etc. We see it as it is; a way to avoid playing quality teams like NDSU, UNI, and Illinios St. that could beat your programs.

I've never seen someone take so much offense to a compliment. There is no justification. This is simply a reality of sports. If you feel that pointing out that two fairly evenly matched teams could play multiple games and get different results, I'm not quite sure what else to say.

The Bison have a great team. They beat Iowa. That doesn't sound like justification to me.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've never seen someone take so much offense to a compliment. There is no justification. This is simply a reality of sports. If you feel that pointing out that two fairly evenly matched teams could play multiple games and get different results, I'm not quite sure what else to say.

The Bison have a great team. They beat Iowa. That doesn't sound like justification to me.
    We tend to have a butt hurt problem. SOME people are ultra defensive. It's ridiculous.

Hahahaha...taking offense to a compliment. Yeah...such a compliment...you know what you said otherwise you would not have added the "that day". I'm just saying later in the year it will be justified that the Bison couldn't do it again, you are a different team, etc. Do you disagree?

Sounds like a compliment to me.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.