Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: From a Hawkeye to the Bison

SafeTeeJ is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: From a Hawkeye to the Bison

Thanks for having a pair and coming here to congratulate the Bison fanbase. Growing up a Gophers fan I always have respected Iowa's programs. You are good people, but as a fisherman when I run into Iowegians up on our lakes, I can't figure out why you keep Rock Bass to eat????
    "The bird is in your hand"

Echo what others are saying - every Iowa fan we ran into before and after the game was very welcoming and complementary. It's appreciated.

How amazing it would be for the Hawkeyes to win the B1G title game this year? Will definitely be rooting them on.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampHawk View Post
    All,

Just wanted to say how very impressed I was with your team. While I understand that Iowa (and most fan bases) has had it's share of trolls show up over here prior to the game, I think MOST rationale Iowa fans would express similar admiration.

The better team won Saturday. Nothing else to say other than I wish you all the best of luck the rest of the way and I'll be paying much more attention to (and rooting for) the Bison moving forward.
    Very classy post and thank you. Iowa plays football the way it should be played. That was a fun game to watch and much respect for their program. Good luck to your team the rest of the season!

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    Iowa fans and program displayed class. Both teams played the kind of football I enjoy watching.

Thanks for keeping us on your schedule when some said a buyout was a better move. Please beat the Gophs and Michigan - and pretty much everyone else you play this year as would give our game more national respect.

Ah the IOWA players, every single 1 of them ran to the locker room, not 1 went to congratulate NDSU players or shake hands. Total BS!!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SwampHawk View Post
    All,

Just wanted to say how very impressed I was with your team. While I understand that Iowa (and most fan bases) has had it's share of trolls show up over here prior to the game, I think MOST rationale Iowa fans would express similar admiration.

The better team won Saturday. Nothing else to say other than I wish you all the best of luck the rest of the way and I'll be paying much more attention to (and rooting for) the Bison moving forward.
    Botched snapt twice near the red zone.
    Dropped passes

Yet we manage to Win. Your QB CJ Bethard looked lost.
    Last edited by GOBISON123; 09-22-2016 at 12:27 PM.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by MHDBisonfan View Post
    Echo what others are saying - every Iowa fan we ran into before and after the game was very welcoming and complementary. It's appreciated.
    Also had an Iowa fan stop and talk to us about the game in Waverly when we ate at Pizza Hut. She said she didn't know which team we were supporting from across the restaurant and then had to come back in to congratulate us when she saw the NDSU magnets on the back of our Jeep.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I've really been impressed with Iowa and the fanbase. A lot took the loss without excuse and owned it. I have become a fan of them as well.
    I totally agree. We stayed at the Heartland Inn, an easy mile walk to Kinnick. We got in Friday about 5pm, then walked a mile north to the pep-fest. Iowa folks welcomed us with open arms, and almost always said something to the effect..."Wow you guys have a great program and you have us scared". After the pepfest, we went out on the town a while and found the same exact thing, very wonderful Iowans everywhere. About 11PM Friday night, a gentleman about 75 yrs old, came up to us at the motel commons area and said that he has been to virtually all the Iowa home FB games since the 70's, and he has stayed at the Heartland Inn ever since it was built...and he has never seen such a visiting fanbase come in such numbers, and also how friendly WE were!

So we were down tailgating early Saturday around Kinnick and found nothing but wonderful fans, and a ton of food and beverage w/o asking! Fast forward to post-game, and we found the same exact thing! Took us forever to get moving towards the motel, since almost every tailgate asked us to come visit with them! Even the guy who made prime-rib sandwiches...OMG they were the best...lol. Virtually every Iowa fan owned the loss, gave us tons of credit, and acted the same way WE would have if the reverse would have been true! Iowa has a great FB team, a great FB program and outstanding fans who we thank for making us feel totally at home!

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    I totally agree. We stayed at the Heartland Inn, an easy mile walk to Kinnick. We got in Friday about 5pm, then walked a mile north to the pep-fest. Iowa folks welcomed us with open arms, and almost always said something to the effect..."Wow you guys have a great program and you have us scared". After the pepfest, we went out on the town a while and found the same exact thing, very wonderful Iowans everywhere. About 11PM Friday night, a gentleman about 75 yrs old, came up to us at the motel commons area and said that he has been to virtually all the Iowa home FB games since the 70's, and he has stayed at the Heartland Inn ever since it was built...and he has never seen such a visiting fanbase come in such numbers, and also how friendly WE were!

So we were down tailgating early Saturday around Kinnick and found nothing but wonderful fans, and a ton of food and beverage w/o asking! Fast forward to post-game, and we found the same exact thing! Took us forever to get moving towards the motel, since almost every tailgate asked us to come visit with them! Even the guy who made prime-rib sandwiches...OMG they were the best...lol. Virtually every Iowa fan owned the loss, gave us tons of credit, and acted the same way WE would have if the reverse would have been true! Iowa has a great FB team, a great FB program and outstanding fans who we thank for making us feel totally at home!
    Sorry about the slight drift, I'll bring it back at the end of my post.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I don't think this statement is true for a good portion of Bison fans on this board. We came 2 missed FG's away from being 0-2 to start the season. Instead of giving any credit to CSU and EWU, a large group of BV'ers said our secondary sucked, Coach Polasek sucked, our line didn't play well...and I'm sure there are more excuses that I'm forgetting about. I'm not going to name names because I really don't want to get into an argument about it, but I think some people could do a little self examination and see if maybe they could change their tune a bit. We expect Iowa fans to give the Bison credit, we should do the same for CSU and EWU.

Classy post from the OP. Always nice to have fans from other schools continue to post around here even after we've played a game. As far as several people asking where some other posters have gone, Nilkarf especially, not sure why anyone wants them to be here. Do we need an apology from him? Or any other troll to come back and make things right? If you didn't get caught up in it in the first place then it shouldn't matter. You told those fools for a year to go away, go back to their boyfriends, enjoy Iowa and the pig smell, etc. And now you want them back?? How about you realize that the Bison took care of everything for us on the field last Saturday, and 23-21 is all anyone from Iowa needs to remember.

End rant.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'll echo everyone else, i was really surprised how nice everyone was. Fans at the game asking me questions about players. Genuinely interested. Had a fantastic time and hope Iowa wins the west