Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
I will comment on this as a practicing pharmacist only, not knowing any specifics of this case.

The primary areas of pharmacy practice are community/retail pharmacy (what most think of with pharmacists), hospital (much more a day to day dispensing and collaborating with medical/nursing staff to care for patients), and clinical roles (usually managing drugs/diseases under protocol; this is what I do). For each you would need (bare minimums physical skills off the top of my head):

1. For community, you have to be able to physically manipulate items with your hands. You also need key boarding skills and ability to make/receive phone calls. You also need to be able to effectively communicate with patients.
2. For hospital, probably very similar to number 1.
3. For clinical roles, really more about key boarding and interacting/communicating with other health professionals and patients. You also need to be able to do this efficiently.

So, again, I know nothing of the case, but I hope all can appreciate it would be challenge for some with physical disabilities as many of these are hard to accommodate even with modern technology.

just my two cents
Are there positions out there that a pharmacy degree would be a qualification but you are not doing any tasks above? Some form of consulting or online observation for smaller pharmacies that perhaps only have techs part of the time. Some careers are changing so quickly with technology that what a position is today will be different 2 years from now.