Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2016 enrollment numbers

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2016 enrollment numbers

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I will comment on this as a practicing pharmacist only, not knowing any specifics of this case.

The primary areas of pharmacy practice are community/retail pharmacy (what most think of with pharmacists), hospital (much more a day to day dispensing and collaborating with medical/nursing staff to care for patients), and clinical roles (usually managing drugs/diseases under protocol; this is what I do). For each you would need (bare minimums physical skills off the top of my head):

1. For community, you have to be able to physically manipulate items with your hands. You also need key boarding skills and ability to make/receive phone calls. You also need to be able to effectively communicate with patients.
    2. For hospital, probably very similar to number 1.
    3. For clinical roles, really more about key boarding and interacting/communicating with other health professionals and patients. You also need to be able to do this efficiently.

So, again, I know nothing of the case, but I hope all can appreciate it would be challenge for some with physical disabilities as many of these are hard to accommodate even with modern technology.

just my two cents
    Are there positions out there that a pharmacy degree would be a qualification but you are not doing any tasks above? Some form of consulting or online observation for smaller pharmacies that perhaps only have techs part of the time. Some careers are changing so quickly with technology that what a position is today will be different 2 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    Are there positions out there that a pharmacy degree would be a qualification but you are not doing any tasks above? Some form of consulting or online observation for smaller pharmacies that perhaps only have techs part of the time. Some careers are changing so quickly with technology that what a position is today will be different 2 years from now.
    Perhaps, but use of computers would almost certainly be a big part of any role, not to mention you need a lot of experience to get consulting gigs like I do (a side business of mine). Now, can technology solve that? Maybe. Just to reiterate, I know nothing on this case, other than the little bit of the article. I just want to speak as someone who actually works the role as a Pharm. D.

We all know you're a capital d, tscf.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

I know of many people who have their pharmacy degree and have used it to prepare them for med or dental school, have used it to get jobs in the pharmaceutical industry, work at National Institutes of Health, manage clinics or hospitals, and work for pharmacy benefit providers...the specific insurance companies that provide your drug plans. Many non traditional roles out there.

Also a number of those positions I mentioned can be done at home with a laptop & a strong cup of coffee.

I cant' find the 2019-2020 enrollment thread.
    but in inforum ndsu/und chinese flu article i found this:

Over the past five years, about 30% of NDSU's student population has lived on campus, according to numbers from the university. The school enrolled 13,173 students this fall.

As of Thursday, 230 students were still living in residence halls on the NDSU campus, compared to 2,652 students before spring break, Rawlings said.

UND, which had a fall population of 13,581 students, had 1,872 living on campus in the spring before remote learning was implemented last month.

they are ahead by 400? but have 4000 online? or what.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by WePharm View Post
    Also a number of those positions I mentioned can be done at home with a laptop & a strong cup of coffee.
    Thanks.

My wife and I are trying to spice things up a bit.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by bison bison View Post
    thanks.

My wife and i are trying to spice things up a bit.
    quarantining the right way
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?