Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Has the Coach Klieman countdown already started?

Default Re: Has the Coach Klieman countdown already started?

It'll happen when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    It'll happen when it happens.
    Hey, it's never too early to start worrying about things over which neither we nor anybody at NDSU have any control.

Had one of these threads every year with Coach Bohl too... except two years it was about firing him rather than somebody hiring him.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Hey, it's never too early to start worrying about things over which neither we nor anybody at NDSU have any control.

Had one of these threads every year with Coach Bohl too... except two years it was about firing him rather than somebody hiring him.
    So you are saying next year we will have threads about firing Coach K?
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

It will depend on the type of jibs obviously and getting the right fit. Of the one that could open after this year there are....

Purdue - Would Klieman be interested in this job? perhaps. They have had success in the past and have had a rough few years.

Kentucky - Likely will be open, but I feel like Kentucky would not look at Klieman.

Kansas State - If Snyder retires. I personally would not want this job not sure how Klieman feels.

of those power 5 jobs, Purdue would be most likely.

Now would he want a group of 5 job? is that all that much better than NDSU?

Someday it'll happen. What makes Coach K even more attractive is his ability to coach defenses. Every time he had touched a defense, they got better whether it was a position coach, DC, or as a HC mentoring a DC. He could get attention from a lot of different directions. I hope he stretches out his stay at NDSU as long as it takes for him to get his perfect job offer, but he will get job offers. We get the luxury of being picky as this is becoming the premier stepping stone program in the country. I will be happy for him when he leaves because I already forecast it will not be as ugly as when the last coach left.

Dark horse could be Boston College. They have tried to go with the tough running, ground and pound and defense style in recent years but they just can't find offense. I feel like Klieman's style would fit perfectly there, not sure about the regional fit though.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    JFC people jumping off cliffs already.
    They said Craig Bohl was leaving in 2006. 2007. 2008. 2010, 2011, 2012, and it finally happened in 2013 at the end of the season. It's also a flash back reaction.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by SC_TX View Post
    It will depend on the type of jibs obviously and getting the right fit. Of the one that could open after this year there are....

Purdue - Would Klieman be interested in this job? perhaps. They have had success in the past and have had a rough few years.

Kentucky - Likely will be open, but I feel like Kentucky would not look at Klieman.

Kansas State - If Snyder retires. I personally would not want this job not sure how Klieman feels.

of those power 5 jobs, Purdue would be most likely.

Now would he want a group of 5 job? is that all that much better than NDSU?
    Those are multi million dollar jobs. The kind that give you fuck you money. I can't speak for anyone but most people wouldn't turn down fuck you money.

I can't believe Iowa State didn't look at him. Of course, they are Iowa State though and make as wise of decisions as the Cleveland Browns.

Now if you're talking G5 jobs, that's much closer to where he's already at... Maybe add 2-3 hundred grand but way less stability.. Heck Bohl made 348k his last year at NDSU. Now Coach K makes 500k with incentives and that will continue to rise as we are starting to make it a priority to pay good money. This ain't the early D1 days.

I tell you this much. If there was a coaching salary fund, it would be very heavily donated to. How does UNI afford to pay Ben Jacobson 900k? Boosters. If Teammakers ever gets to a certain level they should consider this.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-...-year-contract

Jacobson will receive an average salary of $900,000 per year through the length of the deal.

“Panther athletics owes a debt of gratitude to our donors who stepped forward over the past two weeks to provide resources allowing us to raise Ben's financial package to a level consistent with the national marketplace,” said Dannen. “General education funds have not been used to supplement the head coach’s salary since 2008. Our external support has allowed Panther athletics, and in particular the men's basketball program, the opportunity to achieve at an unprecedented academic and competitive level.”
    Last edited by HerdBot; 09-20-2016 at 11:31 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Well, he may get hired by someone, but IMO he is not quite ready for a power 5 job. He has been living off of Bohl's recruits and system, we haven't seen Klieman's entire system and recruits in place yet. A few more years in our system and we will really see where he is at as a head coach. Right now he is in a similar position as Earl Solomonson was. Living off of Morton's recruits and success. I'm not trying to compare the two as coaches, just that the situation is similar.
    I don't feel he will leave just yet .. but I will enjoy each game as it comes no matter what may or may not come down the road, I'm living in the now.

One thought, I have read a few times now this reference to "bohls recruits and system"?

Remembering that coach k is part of that system, the good defense came when coach k came.

With the 3rd year into this new staff the impact on developing the 3rd players is only with this coaching staff and not the bohl staff that left, the new recruits in the last 2 years is coming off this coaching staff and not the bohl staff that left, and bohl is trying his damnest to "get" these recruits ... lol

Just another view.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

What if Brett Venerables from Clemsen get HC offer.. would Dabo go after Klienman for DC?