Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Has the Coach Klieman countdown already started?

Default Re: Has the Coach Klieman countdown already started?

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    One only has to look at Houston Nutt, Dirk Koetter, and Dan Hawkins from Boise State. Sometimes it really is about the culture a program has already established. None of those guys were able to make a successful transition from Boise, but they did all get $$$$ paid. I think AD's will sit back and wait to see how Bohl does at Wyoming and how we do here once we stop living off Bohl recruits. Plus, if we can win the chipper this year, we will have the opportunity to set the all College record of 7 straight national titles next year. Lastly, Bohl proved he can rebuild a program and Coach K has proved he can a top program rolling along which is easier said then done. Quite honestly, an Iowa or Wisconsin type job would be a perfect fit as it has established culture, a football identity, and a track record of success. But like someone else said, P5 money is big Money, and only a fool would turn down a 5 million dollar guaranteed 6 year contract in his 50's, regardless of how shitty a program it is. If he flops, he is a proven DC and could probably land a MAC type DC role and pull in the same salary he currently has here.
    Houston Nutt was a 3x SEC coach of the year.
    College of Business Alumnus

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I think it's ridiculous to assume he's gone. Coaches need to get fired first and not only does his style of football have to fit the program but the program needs to fit his style of football. Changing to our style of football takes significant patience and not all programs may be willing to wait 3-4 years to build it like they are doing in Wyoming.
    Coaches will be fired, there is no doubt about that.

And I'm sure influential alumni across the country have noticed the gushing love ESPN has professed for our coaching staff.

They will be hot commodities. Unless the season falls apart, I'd be very surprised if they are all back next year.

The offers will come...especially if this season goes well. We'll be reloading the staff within a year or two.

Enjoy the moment. We'll be fine.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

I believe he has a few kids in school that he has said he wishes for them to finish out. How do I know? I asked him at one of the zorbaz events this summer as I was giving him a photo I took of the NC game. Second time I've asked and the same answer each time. I think we found a guy who's family Is higher in the list than money and with Bohl on the hot seat in wyo that helps a bit also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He would leave if the offer is right obviously but he isn't just going to leave to a Wyoming level program. He saw the debacle that Bohl has gone through.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    The offers will come...especially if this season goes well. We'll be reloading the staff within a year or two.

Enjoy the moment. We'll be fine.
    Offers will come but whether or not they are right ones depends. Power 5 we can't even come close to matching obviously. Higher end G5 would be next to impossible too. Middle to lower G5 doesn't spend as much on coaching salaries.

We are doing a great job closing the salary gap between the smaller G5 teams. (need to continue this. We need to get to the WYO pay which is top 1/4 MWC) Bohl makes around 800k with incentives and Coach K will make close to a half million with incentives. Of course Bohl could could make a million with his unattainable incentives and find himself on the hot seat if he can't produce wins bigger than Northern Illinois.

Hopefully he's happy and not just looking to get the F out of here. Coach could sign a lifetime contract if need be.

But no matter what happens, I hope Matt Larson promotes from within. Gene Taylor and Klieman handled the transition to perfection

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Will Klieman and/or others on his staff be courted away to other schools? Maybe. If they feel it's right for them, great. We have gone through this before with Bohl. This is the price of success I guess. I guess we could be on the other side of the coin and replacing coaches after being fired for losing seasons. Does anyone doubt that the culture would change with new coaches? I don't.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Above all, don't bring in someone that even hints at the possibility of changing our schemes. I've seen enough read option in the last 2 years to serve my taste buds going forward.

Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

JFC people jumping off cliffs already.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."