Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Has the Coach Klieman countdown already started?

Default Re: Has the Coach Klieman countdown already started?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Very good post. What Lakes fails to mention, is that Chris Klieman/Goesser were here that entire time, for the entire run. They were HUGE recruiters for everyone on the roster. Funny you mention Easton and Greg, without our current staff, they aren't here. They had to be re-recruited...but that story has been told. Bohl was a closer and great at it, but not a grinder out there. Much more of a PR guy. I typically liked to call it Bobby Bowden. NOTHING wrong with that, just how he ran it...and I have said...Craig put us on the map. He should be complimented on building something special.

It is hard to get to the top, and HARDER to stay on top. I think this staff has been through some tough times, and has stayed together and put together crazy good classes. There isn't a kid on the roster that this staff hasn't helped bring in. not one. So that argument is a joke and just petty. Lakes knows that. Just trying to add facts. Thanks for listening.

I will also say that recruiting is an inexact science. It is harder than drafting pros, as you are trying to determine if an 18 year old will be great. Will they be ok leaving home? Moving to Fargo? Dealing with our weight room demands? is college right for them? Dating? Finances? It is tough. For everyone, not just a student athlete. I once got to see Dr. Tom Osborn speak, and he stated he wanted 55% of his recruits to end up to be starters or contributors. That was a good class in his eyes. SOme of it you can control, some you can't. SOme get here and realize they aren't as good as they need to be and want to transfer to lower levels and have success...which we have had a lot of. it is football, a lot of complaints can be made, but I would put recruiting at the bottom of our list. We will have another very successful signing day.
    If I remember correctly, Goeser was our recruiting coordinator back then. Now it's Hank Jacobs but Nick is still probably the most involved. These guys are an 11 on a 10 point scale.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Klieman and Goeser recruited many of the guys in the Easton Stick / Greg Menard class and closed the deal after a shit show. Klieman and Goeser were very involved in all the recruits though.

But Kliemans first class on his own was the 2015, his second is 2016, and his 3rd is currently looking pretty good.

Won't know how the class is looking until next year since so many guys redshirted and the 2013 and 2014 class is RIDICULOUSLY GOOD! Heck the entire 2016 class redshirted and on paper it looks really good. Klieman is certainly winning the head to head battles but that's now always the best judgment of recruiting. Heck Bohl never recruited Wieneke and Goedard was a walk on. How the heck did we miss on those guys?

Of course Bohl butchered the 2014 class big time leading to overly big future classes
    Who recruited those DBs from Florida. How do think that turned out , we dont have to think too much to answer this question. This is their 2nd year and we keep coming with excuses every game.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Klieman still has Bohl's recruits, gotta see what happens with his own recruits.

plus clock management has been a nightmare , especially in SDSU game. (b4 half not running 2 minute drill at 2:14, yet starting it at :45 for a FG instead of a TOUCHDOWN) and NDSU last drive, not snapping the ball with :01 sec left on play clock instead of :16 SECONDS!!...
    More penalties during Klieman era compared to Bohl.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Very good post. What Lakes fails to mention, is that Chris Klieman/Goesser were here that entire time, for the entire run. They were HUGE recruiters for everyone on the roster. Funny you mention Easton and Greg, without our current staff, they aren't here. They had to be re-recruited...but that story has been told. Bohl was a closer and great at it, but not a grinder out there. Much more of a PR guy. I typically liked to call it Bobby Bowden. NOTHING wrong with that, just how he ran it...and I have said...Craig put us on the map. He should be complimented on building something special.

It is hard to get to the top, and HARDER to stay on top. I think this staff has been through some tough times, and has stayed together and put together crazy good classes. There isn't a kid on the roster that this staff hasn't helped bring in. not one. So that argument is a joke and just petty. Lakes knows that. Just trying to add facts. Thanks for listening.

I will also say that recruiting is an inexact science. It is harder than drafting pros, as you are trying to determine if an 18 year old will be great. Will they be ok leaving home? Moving to Fargo? Dealing with our weight room demands? is college right for them? Dating? Finances? It is tough. For everyone, not just a student athlete. I once got to see Dr. Tom Osborn speak, and he stated he wanted 55% of his recruits to end up to be starters or contributors. That was a good class in his eyes. SOme of it you can control, some you can't. SOme get here and realize they aren't as good as they need to be and want to transfer to lower levels and have success...which we have had a lot of. it is football, a lot of complaints can be made, but I would put recruiting at the bottom of our list. We will have another very successful signing day.
    I am not sure about that Russian or Turkish weight training program Jim Kramer is following, end of the day, UNI RBs come out 20-30 lbs more stronger and easily running through one-two tacklers while our RBs not so much compared to UNI RBs.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Who recruited those DBs from Florida. How do think that turned out , we dont have to think too much to answer this question. This is their 2nd year and we keep coming with excuses every game..
    Ambrousious, Tanguay, Menard, Steidl, and Morgan were all recruited by Goeser/Klieman. Actually our 3 deep on the D line was recruited by them.

Plank and Pierre gee Tucker were recruited by Goeser/Klieman.

Jaylon Wimbush was recruited by Atif Austin. Obviously our staff recruited Grimsley.

That's just off the top of my head

Offense has a ton of Klieman guys too

And I'm not even counting the guys we re recruited after Bohl left

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Ambrousious, Tanguay, Menard, Steidl, and Morgan were all recruited by Goeser/Klieman. Actually our 3 deep on the D line was recruited by them.

Plank and Pierre gee Tucker were recruited by Goeser/Klieman.

Jaylon Wimbush was recruited by Atif Austin. Obviously our staff recruited Grimsley.

That's just off the top of my head

Offense has a ton of Klieman guys too

And I'm not even counting the guys we re recruited after Bohl left

I had high hopes on Jaxon Brown and Demaris Purifoy but right now, not hearing much about those guys.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

[QUOTE=GOBISON123;1163650]Who recruited those DBs from Florida. How do think that turned out , we dont have to think too much to answer this question. This is their 2nd year and we keep coming with excuses every game.

You obviously didnt see many of the game Bohl coached.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I had high hopes on Jaxon Brown and Demaris Purifoy but right now, not hearing much about those guys.
    Purifoy will be great next year. Of course he's not ready to beat out 3 other Klieman recruits in Bruce Anderson, King Frazier, or Dunn. That of course doesn't count another Klieman recruit Adam Cofield

Jaxon Brown is only a red shirt freshman and he's already doing well on special teams

[QUOTE=56BISON73;1163661]
    Who recruited those DBs from Florida. How do think that turned out , we dont have to think too much to answer this question. This is their 2nd year and we keep coming with excuses every game.

You obviously didnt see many of the game Bohl coached.
    The first half dozen years of Bohl's teams were brutal when it came to penalties. Our Bison were very very physical and played through the second whistle. Lot of 15 yard flags. Then we had our rams during Bohl's championship years who liked to false start a lot.

Bohl recruited a lot of edgy players and it showed on the field. He did go from thug-like to more speed along the way, but penalties were always an issue for the Bison. We just had teams that were good enough to overcome them quickly. We aren't there right now and penalties are much more damaging right now for this team.

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

[QUOTE=td577;1163673]
    Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post

The first half dozen years of Bohl's teams were brutal when it came to penalties. Our Bison were very very physical and played through the second whistle. Lot of 15 yard flags. Then we had our rams during Bohl's championship years who liked to false start a lot.

Bohl recruited a lot of edgy players and it showed on the field. He did go from thug-like to more speed along the way, but penalties were always an issue for the Bison. We just had teams that were good enough to overcome them quickly. We aren't there right now and penalties are much more damaging right now for this team.
    Go123 making another post on Bisonville:

Gobis123 when people respond to one of his trolling posts on BV:
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

[QUOTE=td577;1163673]
    Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post

Austin Richards was good for at least one-two PFs a game.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."