Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Has the Coach Klieman countdown already started?

Default Has the Coach Klieman countdown already started?

Reality is that was heck of a national interview. I thought it would be a few more years since even some of his marquee recruits were initially identified by Bohl (Stick, RJ for example), but now I am not so sure.....

I just hope he is smart and waits for the "right" job. BTW, Matt Larson once told me that if he gets a P5 offer, he'd be over helping to pack Chris's bags.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Has the Coach Klieman countdown already started?

Definitely will be gone, and if so hopefully AFTER the entire season. Casey Bradley and Todd Wash will be available should either be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Doubtful it would be after the season. That's just reality. Would he stay through the playoffs like Bohl did? Depends on the situation.

I think he would need to go to a G5 school before a decent P5 school would look at him. And that's probably the better route anyway. Going to a weak P5 program can be a career killer. At his age I don't think he'll be looking for a money grab or one last challenge like Bohl.

Another thing is that even if Klieman stays, chances are good that Ertz and Polasek would leave.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Doubtful it would be after the season. That's just reality. Would he stay through the playoffs like Bohl did? Depends on the situation.

I think he would need to go to a G5 school before a decent P5 school would look at him. And that's probably the better route anyway. Going to a weak P5 program can be a career killer. At his age I don't think he'll be looking for a money grab or one last challenge like Bohl.

Another thing is that even if Klieman stays, chances are good that Ertz and Polasek would leave.
    I feel like that's the difficult thing this time around. Not sure there is an "in-house" guy ready like Coach K when Bohl left. I like Coach P's passion even though some of his play calls seem out there at times.

Casey Bradley is not interested in becoming our next head coach.

533 In a row

Craig Bohl might be available next year or the year after....

Jon Gruden also seems to be a fan of the progrum.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    At his age I don't think he'll be looking for a money grab or one last challenge like Bohl.
    I don't care what age they are, the vast majority of coaches (and anyone in general) aren't going to turn down the opportunity to triple or quadruple their annual salary.

Countdowns start the day a coach is hired with ten years being the effective maximum for a program like NDSU.

Well, he may get hired by someone, but IMO he is not quite ready for a power 5 job. He has been living off of Bohl's recruits and system, we haven't seen Klieman's entire system and recruits in place yet. A few more years in our system and we will really see where he is at as a head coach. Right now he is in a similar position as Earl Solomonson was. Living off of Morton's recruits and success. I'm not trying to compare the two as coaches, just that the situation is similar.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I don't care what age they are, the vast majority of coaches (and anyone in general) aren't going to turn down the opportunity to triple or quadruple their annual salary.
    Sure they will, it's why the Gophers can't just name a price to land high profile coaches even though they have the resources to do so.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he'll wait for the "perfect" situation, but I don't think he'd go to a Wyoming either.