Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: So what did you think of Iowa City?

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: So what did you think of Iowa City?

I'm glad we made the choice of tailgating at the high school after seeing the setup around the stadium which was nothing to brag about unless you live there I guess. Probably the worst tailgating experience so far for FBS games. I guess the 2+ mile (1.9 my ass) walk to the stadium and back didn't help especially after being fried like an egg for 3 hours... Comfort Inn Suites and the express train sounded like a good time but our group decided on the high school which I'm assuming was about the same except for the transportation to the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    I'm glad we made the choice of tailgating at the high school after seeing the setup around the stadium which was nothing to brag about unless you live there I guess. Probably the worst tailgating experience so far for FBS games. I guess the 2+ mile (1.9 my ass) walk to the stadium and back didn't help especially after being fried like an egg for 3 hours... Comfort Inn Suites and the express train sounded like a good time but our group decided on the high school which I'm assuming was about the same except for the transportation to the stadium.

The sunburn on my face is amazing...I had to just stand in the shade during half time because I needed a sun break.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    There were many many Bison fans that used the two tailgate lots by the Comfort Suites where the Hawkeye Express picks up fans.. There were 10-12 buses and trailers there Friday night alone. You didnt have to walk and you didnt have to take the shuttle which was a real shit show from what I understand. So yes it was good. But thanks for contributing.
    I understand. I'm just referring to the tailgate at the high school which was good, minus the torture walk. I'm the one that commented on the shuttle fiasco as well. I mile to meet up with it, a mile walk after you were dropped off. All this after being crammed into a bus and creeping along overloaded streets. I'm ready to be back in Fargo.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jables77 View Post
    The sunburn on my face is amazing...I had to just stand in the shade during half time because I needed a sun break.
    ^This

We did the same thing. Sat in the north end zone for the first half, sure glad I wore a hat, but with the tight quarters and the sun we decided to bail and head south. Dad bought a hot dog at halftime and my buddies and I waited for him around the corner in the SW concourse next to the black and gold sheds, right by the student section. We had a beautiful breeze coming through there and the sun was basically at our back. We just stood there for the entire second half, I couldn't even handle sitting with my nerves status. We got to see all of the scoring in the first half at the north end, and everything except King's rushing TD at the south end in the second half. I know I've already mentioned how jacked up I was with my encouraging their fans to make some more noise when we were driving for our last TD, but I also went a little crazy when that FG went through. I've been joking with people and telling them I may have blacked out for a few minutes after that kick. I was yelling so loudly towards those students, not swearing, not telling them their team sucked, not trying to start anything at all, and 100% sober. I was just soooo exuberant and telling them everything I could about NDSU and how proud I was of them, popping my Bison shirt towards them, etc. Bunch of Iowa kids flipping me off and telling me to "F&*% Off!!!" Some cop comes up to me and tells me to settle down, tells me to back up, and then proceeds to tell me it's just a game. Butthurt Iowa fan/police officer. My dad tells me that he's never seen me get soooo excited at a Bison game. Well after hearing for about 4 or 5 years that we didn't stand a chance, it was David vs Goliath in my eyes, and it all came out of me at that very moment. Go Bison!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

From twitter.

Tbt - Remember when the Iowa City police got complaint calls about #Bisonation celebrating the big win? ������������
    TAILGATING...WEST HIGH PARKING LOT, @NDSU PEOPLE...LOUD AND DRINKING, CALLER HAS VIDEO AND PICS OF WHAT IS GOING ON iowa-city.org/icgov/apps/pol…
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    From twitter.

Tbt - Remember when the Iowa City police got complaint calls about #Bisonation celebrating the big win? ������������
    TAILGATING...WEST HIGH PARKING LOT, @NDSU PEOPLE...LOUD AND DRINKING, CALLER HAS VIDEO AND PICS OF WHAT IS GOING ON iowa-city.org/icgov/apps/pol…
    That was actually before the game 7:41 AM.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Loud? LOL, the Frisco Cruiser group wasn't even there!

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    That was actually before the game 7:41 AM.
    Yes. We were thereand the police were prettty funny.
    The school super told them we rented the lots and they laughed.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Loud? LOL, the Frisco Cruiser group wasn't even there!
    Yep, I found them slumming with the Iowa high rollers. They are moving up in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Yes. We were thereand the police were prettty funny.
    The school super told them we rented the lots and they laughed.
    I thought it super weird that we were drinking in a high school parking lot. I went to park and started at the back of the school, a busload of kids was either loading or unloading but when I tried to walk around the building with a cooler and a beer, it got weird. We quickly zipped around to the front.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯