Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bison coaches

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison coaches

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    I've often said, if everyone executes, the coach is a genius, if just one person misses their assignment, the coach is a dunce.

With that being said, um, it's a message board and there is a lot of time between Saturdays, so yeah, there is bound to be some bitching. Besides, how boring would this place be if we all agreed with each other and never questioned the coaches. There's a reason it's called Monday morning quarterbacking.

For the record, I think the coaching staff screwed up against EWU. Some may disagree, but it would be very interesting to see what type of D we run against EWU should we meet up in the playoffs this season.

But yeah, the thesis of your post is understood and correct. Our coaching staff is right way more than they are wrong, which should be obvious based on our record over the years.
    Good post. I understand there's going to be plenty of bitching, it is a message board. But shouldn't some of those people that are constantly bitching about Polasek come back and give the guy some credit sometimes? It rarely happens. Am I wrong? They go quiet until things aren't quite going the way they think it should and they come out guns blazing. Or how about the guy that rips on Robbie all the time. The kid isn't perfect, but he had a huge sack against Iowa in the closing minutes. Any word from Alsen about how big of a play that was? Nope. I think with criticism there also needs to be praise. An equal balance.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    Good post. I understand there's going to be plenty of bitching, it is a message board. But shouldn't some of those people that are constantly bitching about Polasek come back and give the guy some credit sometimes? It rarely happens. Am I wrong? They go quiet until things aren't quite going the way they think it should and they come out guns blazing. Or how about the guy that rips on Robbie all the time. The kid isn't perfect, but he had a huge sack against Iowa in the closing minutes. Any word from Alsen about how big of a play that was? Nope. I think with criticism there also needs to be praise. An equal balance.
    Honestly its just personalities, and appreciative threads like these that praise the coaches and players aren't typically heated and usually run their course rather quickly. Where as the sky is falling threads are, well, a little more entertaining. I'm with you, I'm a big fan of what Polasek has done. He uzzes Bison Pride, and I have been impressed with how he has kept true to running and specifically power while mixing in some wrinkles to keep us from being predictive. It's good to have these threads, but the fire Polasek the sky is falling threads will come again. I've learned to just read them and laugh and enjoy it. If we do lose a game I'm hoping someone in that camp will sell me their championship tickets.

As far as Alsen, he claimed Zach Vraa was a lock for the NFL. That should have ended any credibility he had in evaluating players.

My vote as a pretty much who cares booster would be Polasek gets the nod if Klieman was swiped tomorrow. Polasek might get swiped before Klieman does.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
    I just don't see him leaving for another school.
    All the coaches are potential poach-able. How many of us would leave our jobs for quadruple the money else where? I like my job and where I am at, but I'm not that loyal.

Lotsa love for Coach P. That's nice. I give the players 100% credit. There are times you have to wonder WTF...

But whatever. Rah rah

I am one who thinks Polasek gets way too creative for his own good. We've had points in games where opponents literally can't prevent us from getting 5 yards per run, and coach P will throw on 1st and 2nd downs.

That said, he did do a nice job against Iowa. And our Ndsu coaches definitely out coached Iowa's, which is incredible when you look at the salaries. That last offensive series for Iowa was terribly called. I also just watched Wyoming lose to EMU, and Vigen called a horrible game.

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    I am one who thinks Polasek gets way too creative for his own good. We've had points in games where opponents literally can't prevent us from getting 5 yards per run, and coach P will throw on 1st and 2nd downs.

That said, he did do a nice job against Iowa. And our Ndsu coaches definitely out coached Iowa's, which is incredible when you look at the salaries. That last offensive series for Iowa was terribly called. I also just watched Wyoming lose to EMU, and Vigen called a horrible game.
    Drives me crazy when he does that.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."