Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison coaches

Default Re: Bison coaches

Whatever NDSU has to do they need to somehow sign Coach Kramer to a lifetime contract.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Im afraid Iowa St will go after Klieman down the road
    I was thinking this yesterday and as much as I want to see Klieman succeed wherever he would go, that one could really end up hurting NDSU...that is, if he pulls a Bohl and tries to recruit every single guy we go after. Maybe he wouldn't do that (though if he had trouble establishing pipelines elsewhere his current grounds would be an easy fallback) but if he did it would hurt us. I don't want to see him in a neighboring state

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I wonder if we could get G Olsen back here?
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Speaking of Roehl, he's my prediction to get the HC job when Klieman gets a P5 offer.
    Sweet sexy Moses...slow yer Roehl. He's young enough to be my kid. Hell, he's young enough to be PL's great, great grandson.
    Insert something clever here...

One coach left his mark on yesterday's more than any other and his name is Kramer. Put a statue of him outside the dome ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Whatever NDSU has to do they need to somehow sign Coach Kramer to a lifetime contract.
    What helps with Kramer is that he is not really paid like a coach. He is paid like a state employee, thus retirement becomes more of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    What helps with Kramer is that he is not really paid like a coach. He is paid like a state employee, thus retirement becomes more of an issue.
    Well, Chris Doyle at Iowa makes $515k a year. I bet Iowa would trade today on the spot. At half a million a year, you could come up with some more creative ways with a retirement plan than what the state is offering.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Well, Chris Doyle at Iowa makes $515k a year. I bet Iowa would trade today on the spot. At half a million a year, you could come up with some more creative ways with a retirement plan than what the state is offering.
    Depends were Krammer is at with retirement and being vested etc. Taking the big chunk of change to give up 30 years of guaranteed $$$ may or may not be worth it. Sure at some point the $$$ is big enough were it makes sense....Or the time is right were it makes senses. But if a guy is 2 years away from being vested etc (we have no clue) it makes more sense to stay put for 2 years. The big pay check will still be there in 2 years. Its kinda like CB, he jumped at the $$$.... if he would hang around another 2 years and played the smart $$$$, he would be a Gopher making twice the coin.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Depends were Krammer is at with retirement and being vested etc. Taking the big chunk of change to give up 30 years of guaranteed $$$ may or may not be worth it. Sure at some point the $$$ is big enough were it makes sense....Or the time is right were it makes senses. But if a guy is 2 years away from being vested etc (we have no clue) it makes more sense to stay put for 2 years. The big pay check will still be there in 2 years. Its kinda like CB, he jumped at the $$$.... if he would hang around another 2 years and played the smart $$$$, he would be a Gopher making twice the coin.
    My wife worked for the state for 10 years and is vested. Kramer has been here for 13, so he is good to go. I would be surprised if he hasn't gotten offers already. I am sure he is either quite content with where he is at or will only jump at what he thinks is the perfect offer.

Does anyone know the in-season weightlifting workouts for the Bison? How many days...which days...early mornings?....evenings? Not trying to give away State Secrets, but we all are impressed with what Jim Kramer has done with the team and I am just really curious about what they do.