Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Might as well get the argument started.

Default Re: Might as well get the argument started.

Maybe its easier to get noticed by scouts with more FCS games on TV. IMHO, some kids choose FCS hoping to get more playing time instead of riding the pine for 2-3 years on a P5 team because they know scouts will find them if they are good enough to play in the NFL. It seems like every NFL team has at least 1 started on each side of the ball from FCS or lower divisions.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Come on guys. Man up. Does UND joining the league help them, of course. Does it hurt us? No. Some of you seem scared that UND will now be relivent and start to dominate and that we don't want them beating us. What the hell?! I'm sure the coaches of every sport will treat them like any other conference opponent. Line up and kick their ass!! Maybe UND will be more like USD and have mediocre success across the board; make the tourney in womens bball or something, and have a rare fluke win in football against the conference king NDSU. The point is, calm down.
    I got no issues with them joining the Summit League. It's the MVFC I have issues with, the schedule is already screwed up with 10 teams and will only get worse adding another. Sorry but until another team or preferably 2 move on there is no room at the inn.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Come on guys. Man up. Does UND joining the league help them, of course. Does it hurt us? No. Some of you seem scared that UND will now be relivent and start to dominate and that we don't want them beating us. What the hell?! I'm sure the coaches of every sport will treat them like any other conference opponent. Line up and kick their ass!! Maybe UND will be more like USD and have mediocre success across the board; make the tourney in womens bball or something, and have a rare fluke win in football against the conference king NDSU. The point is, calm down.
    Manning up and being afraid to play them statements completely miss the point. You might as well argue that NDSU should have never moved to FCS but remained in D2 so they could man up and prove themselves where they were at...same premise. Them moving MVC won't affect NDSU? I wish you were right but I think you're very much not right. Take any player off the 1990-2003 UND roster and move them to the 1990-2003 Bison roster and you have something more akin to our current situation...an FBS roster that can beat P5 teams

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    UND was part of the group that voted to reduce wrestling scholarships from 9 to 5 in the NCC. This hampered Bucky's dominance in the NCC quite a bit. I previous statement didn't mention football, just UND's political games to put them on a more level field with NDSU without working harder.
    They will vote to do anything to keep the advancement of costs to a minimum. Fucking Guaranteed. Did it before and they will do it again.

They are a cancer. USD and SDSU share a friendly rivalry and the state legislature is not biased towards one or the other.

CRAIG BOHL & LAKESBISON WERE RIGHT 2 YEARS AGO. "for NDSU, there nowhere else to go but down.... NDSU has acheived all that they can at the fcs level" #NDSUEXIT Mountain West for the Best!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    Please explain how NDSU could possibly benefit.
    They won't have that huge wall to look over on the North side of campus. MVFC knocked it down today.
    Last edited by barnwintersportsengelstad; 01-26-2017 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by barnwintersportsengelstad View Post
    They won't have that huge wall to look over on the North side of campus. MVFC knocked it down today.
    They just let you in the sand box. You still have to climb the wall.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

80ALUM is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The good thing about it is the legislature won't have a need to pass some crazy law that requires us to play them. Other than that I got nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by 80ALUM View Post
    The good thing about it is the legislature won't have a need to pass some crazy law that requires us to play them. Other than that I got nothing.
    Unfortunately they will probably never let us leave them again either. It's imperative NDSU acts before they get that chance.

Quote Originally Posted by 80ALUM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Unfortunately they will probably never let us leave them again either. It's imperative NDSU acts before they get that chance.
    If the point is to go FBS so we can leave UND behind again and prevent the legislature from proposing laws mandating we have to play them it will not work. UND will continue to follow and the legislature will remain stupid. These are two immutable laws of nature.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix