Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Might as well get the argument started.

Default Re: Might as well get the argument started.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    What school is this?
    University of Cinncinatti. What do I win?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I'll save it for tomorrow. Right now full from Christmas ham.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

What gave it away...the big Bearcat logo on the 50?
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    What gave it away...the big Bearcat logo on the 50?
    Actually, I didn't see the logo. It was "Nippert Stadium" at the bottom of the picture.
    Paul Fix

What do they win?

Adding to my post:

Drawing in on 1M in the 36th TV market. They even have Paul Brown Stadium in town when they want to play a huge draw like they did when they played Ohio State in front of 66k.

My point is that it still goes back to a move for NDSU to the G5 right now is a lateral move, at best. A very expensive move that will require additional expenses if the G5 separates, at worst. A better move when the G5 becomes a true rebranded second tier with playoffs looking to expand as a full mid-major football division.

It should scare people when Cincinnati has spend 100s of millions of dollars on improving their lot in college athletics. They are financially in one of the best positions of any college in the nation. Yet, 95% of their bowl games are the same crappy G5 bowl games as anyone else in those conferences. Wait a minute, they did play in Toronto one year. Brothels are semi-legal there, so that is a bonus. If Cincinnati, who quickly gets dismissed as quickly as they get mentioned as a possible P5 candidate can't move up, what is the incentive to join the present second tier division no one wants to be in? No one can say money, because those schools are still basically FCS schools in that they are making money in BB, not football.

Even if Bisonator's boxes are checked off, and it is a necessary list, it does nothing but guarantee we have bought ourselves a home in purgatory. If we were a stronger BB school, it would be awesome. But like in football, you can't push a program into success by moving up. Those schools that were losing money in FCS are losing money in the G5. If you are not highly profitable in BB in a lower mid-major conference, simply moving up to a better conference will not instantaneously make you more profitable. It doesn't turn those programs that are a drag on the athletic department into less of a drag.

I want NDSU football to be in the second tier. But I want that second tier to be well-defined. It has to be very clear what we are investing in. Right now it isn't clear and isn't defined at all. Even though we are a football first school, we aren't going to see a P5 invite. Our best hope is football strong mid-majors. Until those football strong schools have quit trying to get a seat at the big boy table and become the moving force towards developing that well-defined second tier, it goes back to the G5 territory is purgatory right now and we have no business wanting to be there.

fcs is 3rd division then ok got it.

where is "bring on the competition?" motto we all at NDSU pride ourselves is??? its ridicoulous to stay here. like craig bohl said "what more is there to do here?"
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

What do they win??????

The kids get gift bags!!!!
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Here's the timing of the move up...when St. Cloud and Mankato start talking about moving up to the FCS.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Here's the timing of the move up...when St. Cloud and Mankato start talking about moving up to the FCS.
    Nope. What they want means nothing to us.

You miss the point of the Cincinnati example. Nobody in the G5 is really happy to be there. They all would prefer to be P5 worthy.

The better FCS programs don't want to be in the FCS but the smarter people know the G5 is no better. It's only more expensive. EXPONENTIALLY more expensive.

The conclusion should be obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk