Page 36 of 61 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Might as well get the argument started.

Default Re: Might as well get the argument started.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Liberal?????Me???????

Meaningful discussion???? Your fucking kidding me.

Now back to the regular scheduled program of beating this fucking dead horse for the 1,000 time in the last month. Can I buy a vowel? NO

OBTW----Gotcha
    Thank you for not addressing anything I said, and instead just insulting me and dismissing the possibility that you dismiss the validity of ALL arguements based on whether or not someone is TM or just by simply insulting them. That's actually called "ad hominem"- which is a logical falicy.

I never accused YOU of being liberal- just simply your pathetic, And childish arguing/debating tactics.

The point remains- you are incapable of aknowledging that it is possible that there are reasons and factors that would be requisite of Having a conversation about moving up- completely independent from someone being or not being in team makers. You are the one beating the dead horse. You only have one tactic to any and a all opposing viewpoints: insult them and laugh. That's it. Like a child, insult and laugh.

I'm not even advocating a move up- I'm just advocating we don't shut down ALL discussions regarding the topic because a singular individual is or is not a part of TM and/or we don't have an invite yet. That would be illogical and horribly short sighted. And really really dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I watched part of the Camelia Bowl or whatever that shit was. Sparse crowd that made no noise. Same for the New Mexico Bowl.

I can honestly say I'd NEVER travel for a shit game like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Haven't we played in the Camelia Bowl to win a NC?
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    Haven't we played in the Camelia Bowl to win a NC?
    Yes....... different deal then.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Thank you for not addressing anything I said, and instead just insulting me and dismissing the possibility that you dismiss the validity of ALL arguements based on whether or not someone is TM or just by simply insulting them. That's actually called "ad hominem"- which is a logical falicy.

I never accused YOU of being liberal- just simply your pathetic, And childish arguing/debating tactics.

The point remains- you are incapable of aknowledging that it is possible that there are reasons and factors that would be requisite of Having a conversation about moving up- completely independent from someone being or not being in team makers. You are the one beating the dead horse. You only have one tactic to any and a all opposing viewpoints: insult them and laugh. That's it. Like a child, insult and laugh.
    Address what pray tell? Every pro and con has been discussed to adnauzeum. Now it's just people trolling to get shit stirred up again. It's nothing more than mental masterbation at this juncture unless you have something constructive to add at this time?

FYI my original post was done in jest in regards to what cas posted. You just happened to take the bait. Lol
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Yes....... different deal then.
    Right, I thought it sounded familiar though. Thanks
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I'm not even advocating a move up- I'm just advocating we don't shut down ALL discussions regarding the topic because a singular individual is or is not a part of TM and/or we don't have an invite yet. That would be illogical and horribly short sighted. And really really dumb.
    What's left to discuss?

1. Need an FBS conference invite.
    2. Need a larger stadium. The FFD might work for a few years but eventually a new stadium would be a requirement.
    3. Money. Massive amounts of money.

The money is the biggest hurdle. If we want to be competitive and not just another G5 program going to a shitty bowl game. Money for 22 additional FB scholarships, additional women's to meet Title IX obligations, additional FCOA, additional coaches salaries, additional travel costs, additional facility upgrades like an IPF, etc. etc. etc.

Until any of those become reality there really isn't a whole lot to discuss anymore. So for the folks who want FBS, get to work on those and stopped flapping your lips. You probably can't do much about #1 but the rest is in your court and like they say "if you build it they will come", they being the conference invite. Where ever that might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    What's left to discuss?

2. Need a larger stadium. The FFD might work for a few years but eventually a new stadium would be a requirement.

The money is the biggest hurdle. If we want to be competitive and not just another G5 program going to a shitty bowl game. Money for 22 additional FB scholarships, additional women's to meet Title IX obligations, additional FCOA, additional coaches salaries, additional travel costs, additional facility upgrades like an IPF, etc. etc. etc.

Until any of those become reality there really isn't a whole lot to discuss anymore. So for the folks who want FBS, get to work on those and stopped flapping your lips. You probably can't do much about #1 but the rest is in your court and like they say "if you build it they will come", they being the conference invite. Where ever that might be.

Bada-BOOM...

We need to sticky this post.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I watched part of the Camelia Bowl or whatever that shit was. Sparse crowd that made no noise. Same for the New Mexico Bowl.

I can honestly say I'd NEVER travel for a shit game like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MNLonghorn lets make a list of all of these... much like the Stars that were leaving america if Trump was elected... Northern, PL, NDSU1980 they would all have their hoople north dakota cousins going to the Las Vegas Bowl , guaranteed.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    What's left to discuss?

It still may not get what people want.

What school is this?

1. Still G5
    2. 40,000 seat stadium with massive upgrades already and more inline for this winter.
    456_End_Zone_View_at_Nippert_Stadium.jpg
    3. Has massive amounts of money.

Sure they are a BB school first, but they put a lot of money into football and its football infrastructure hoping for a P5 invite. Last 10 seasons records:
    7-6
    9-4
    9-4
    10-3
    10-3
    4-8
    12-1: Sugar Bowl loss to Florida
    11-3: Orange bowl loss to Virginia Tech
    10-3
    8-5

Two decent bowl bids in 10 seasons, everything else going its way as far as having the right boxes checked, and they are still a G5 school. Some say it is academics holding them back, but they rank academically ahead of:
    Oregon State
    Washington State
    Oklahoma State
    Texas Tech
    West Virginia
    NDSU
    to name a few