Page 24 of 61 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Might as well get the argument started.

Default Re: Might as well get the argument started.

I've waffled on the subject through the years, but I have to say the playoffs sure are a lot of fun. I know I would really miss them if we "moved up."

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofbeats View Post
    Fifty-five replies later, I see no one has an answer for the cost of a new stadium. Here's one you can use as a comparison:

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/news...tion/84448038/

220 million dollar OPEN AIR stadium having 36,000 seats with room for another 5,000 standing room only attendees. Stadium built on-campus with limited on or near site parking. You can argue that a stadium this size is not needed and the resulting price would be much lower, but any decrease in seating would certainly be off-set by adding a roof. (you do want a roof don't you?) Sitting outside this weekend might, just might, lower the amount of attendance.

Providing you raise the money and I haven't see many if any, ways on exactly how that would be done, what happens to the Fargo Dome? Subtract six if not more home dates, (oh wait, you're going FBS so there's that one bowl game in Lancaster, PA or somewhere) not to mention other including income producing entities for parking and advertising, what happens to the bottom line of the dome? In effect, does it turn into another Alerus Center and the taxpayers pay the shortfall? Sure, I'd look forward to paying for that. If that's going to happen, I think you can count the taxpayers of Fargo out.......paying for a six event per year football stadium out of one pocket and subsidizing another stadium with the other.

Solutions anyone?
    Don't forget the new stadium would have to compete with the Fargodome for concerts,etc. Taking more revenue. While I could see the Fargo commissioners try and ram rid this through like they do everything else, I don't see the city approving a vote.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    At least you donate what you can. My bet is the FBS big mouths/small brains guys here don't even donate that much. They just want others to support. Typical of this day and age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'd bet that none of the FBS NOW! crowd donate at all. That's why they should just be ignored. I can't believe this idea even keeps coming up.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

So we're fighting this Christmas? Alright.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

The best part of all of this, is that you bozos keep typing the same 4 paragraph posts every time like any of us are going to read it because we know what it says.

While I understand that the mountain peak to climb is tall...it still doesn't change my mind of what division of football ndsu should be playing.

Imagine this....ndsu, a much more seasoned program than western Michigan ever was...hosting boise st to honor it's 2 for 1 contract and the stars align that the winner of this game would have the inside track of a new years 6 bowl.

Amazing.

I also propose we scrap sagarin ratings that involve fbs schools since they have no bearing on the fcs division. Why say ndsu is #37 when they're really #1? Make it sound like it's worth typing out.

Last but not least..donations. the put up or shut up line is tired. Your basic mentality is that if u can't fund a 500 million dollar stadium, to shut the f up...how messed up is that. I do donate. It ain't much. It'll never be much. If you need to brag about how lined your wallet is, you're a douche. The common man can't have a voice unless he's Warren buffet.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    I'd bet that none of the FBS NOW! crowd donate at all. That's why they should just be ignored. I can't believe this idea even keeps coming up.
    Speak for yourself! Why some in the FCS forever crowd thinks it is ok to make mass assumptions about ones donation limit is valid argument is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    The best part of all of this, is that you bozos keep typing the same 4 paragraph posts every time like any of us are going to read it because we know what it says.
    Actually, both sides keep rehashing the same arguments over and over. And over.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I've always been wishy-washy on the whole thing. I'd hate not likely winning another title, but my biggest problem would be the lack of even an opportunity for it.

We likely will never win a D1 men's basketball title, but we're technically playing for it and always have powerball type odds of winning it so it still means something.

With FBS is it's all meaningless. The championship isn't real, at least not according to the NCAA, and isn't realistically available to most competing for it. You've got 120 something teams playing 12 exhibition games to see which 13th exhibition game some of them get to go to. I just don't see the point to it in its current form.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    NDSU plays for CHAMPIONSHIPS, not Garbage Bowls. The five new trophies we have say "NCAA Division 1 National Champion".

One of the following is physically and authoritatively differently from the other two.

And yet its perceived by more than half of football fans as some how less than a bowl

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    I've always been wishy-washy on the whole thing. I'd hate not likely winning another title, but my biggest problem would be the lack of even an opportunity for it.

We likely will never win a D1 men's basketball title, but we're technically playing for it and always have powerball type odds of winning it so it still means something.

With FBS is it's all meaningless. The championship isn't real, at least not according to the NCAA, and isn't realistically available to most competing for it. You've got 120 something teams playing 12 exhibition games to see which 13th exhibition game some of them get to go to. I just don't see the point to it in its current form.
    I am with you but if teams keep defecting playing for the FCS championship does not really mean all that much either.