Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Might as well get the argument started.

Default Re: Might as well get the argument started.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    If the point is to go FBS so we can leave UND behind again and prevent the legislature from proposing laws mandating we have to play them it will not work. UND will continue to follow and the legislature will remain stupid. These are two immutable laws of nature.
    I just don't want to see UND hold us back again. It can't happen again!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I just don't want to see UND hold us back again. It can't happen again!
    How did und hold ndsu back in the past that is at risk of happening again now?
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    How did und hold ndsu back in the past that is at risk of happening again now?
    Do you really need the whole fricking story again???

Do you really need the whole fricking story again???
    Without colorful glasses, sure. What kinda voodoo magic do they have?

Honestly, I've been in the FBS train for awhile, this did nothing to change that.
    College of Business Alumnus

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Without colorful glasses, sure. What kinda voodoo magic do they have?

Honestly, I've been in the FBS train for awhile, this did nothing to change that.
    Are you really serious? TLDR version, UNC and NDSU wanted the entire NCC to move up to FCS together. UND and others (not sure if UND convinced others but only those behind closed doors would know that) decided they were staying D2. That power move almost held back NDSU as they missed their chance to move with UNC, but thankfully SDSU had the foresight to go at the same time.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

UND had a coalition of DI hockey playing schools (UND, UNO, Mankato & St Cloud) that was able to block any momentum for the conference moving up as a whole. Lower-level schools that play DI hockey will ALWAYS have concerns about being able to fund their hockey programs at a level that is able to compete with the bigger hockey playing schools, and therefore will ALWAYS try to put the brakes on, or lower, expenses like scholarships, facilities, travel, etc for it's OTHER sports programs. For a school like NDSU, and it's nationally renowned football program............that type of thinking is extremely toxic, as it was in continuing to delay a move to DI, when it was well past time. Once NDSU finally got itself free of UND...............well..........we have seen what happens.

Therein lies the real danger of being too closely associated and tied in with UND.

No one else in what is still the best FCS conference plays teh hockies. They are a coalition of 1 now.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    No one else in what is still the best FCS conference plays teh hockies. They are a coalition of 1 now.
    Yes, but they have a strong negative force about them. You, of all people, should know what that is like.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I get a kick out of the paranoia some of you have twords UND!
    UND holding us back in the past is minimal at best.
    The success we have had since we left them has nothing to do with the fact that we were rid of them.
    UND holding us back in the future is paranoid.
    I don't like those sons a bitches either but any drop in the success of our football team will be on our coaches and administration. I arrived on campus in the 3rd year of what would end up being a 12 year winning streak against those bastards and would be ecstatic to experience something like that again!

Unfortunately they will probably never let us leave them again either. It's imperative NDSU acts before they get that chance.
    Correct on the first point. The second is fantasy. If you think there is any chance of an FBS move that doesn't include both programs, you're dreaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk