Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Might as well get the argument started.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Might as well get the argument started.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    How does this hurt NDSU? Will it make recruiting a little more difficult? Probably. Suck it up and adjust to it.
    I don't need to suck it up and adjust to anything. It will be a problem in multiple ways. I don't need to explain how, we all will get to see why first hand soon enough. It was fun being the only D1 team in ND for the past decade plus but that is about to end.

How does this hurt NDSU? Will it make recruiting a little more difficult? Probably. Suck it up and adjust to it.
    Suck it up and adjust to it. Why didn't we think of that?! Thanks for clearing that up. I guess we can move on.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I don't need to suck it up and adjust to anything. It will be a problem in multiple ways. I don't need to explain how, we all will get to see why first hand soon enough. It was fun being the only D1 team in ND for the past decade plus but that is about to end.
    I wasn't referring to you specifically. NDSU and UND have both been D1 for a decade. If NDSU can't continue to be the most successful D1 program in the state just because UND is in the same conference we have no business being D1.

We have different opinions on this I realize but how does this hurt NDSU? Just curious on what people think will be the biggest issues.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I wasn't referring to you specifically. NDSU and UND have both been D1 for a decade. If NDSU can't continue to be the most successful D1 program in the state just because UND is in the same conference we have no business being D1.

We have different opinions on this I realize but how does this hurt NDSU? Just curious on what people think will be the biggest issues.
    UND has been D1 in name only but an irrelevant non-factor in reality. They might as well have been pioneer league. That's about to change. I'll give a more in depth opinion/answer as to why I hate seeing this later when I have some time.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    I don't see how this is good for NDSU. I dont think it will hurt us, and I would rather it not happen, but IM not seeing how NDSU gains anything from this.
    NDSU benefits from the Summit getting to 10 teams, which further stabilizes it, creates travel partners for most sports and hopefully allowing them to move to a set basketball and volleyball (?) schedule (Thursday/Saturday). Any actual benefits or downside on the MVFC side are minimal at most, but that is the price that comes with helping the conference all of NDSU's sports except football and wrestling are in.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    NDSU benefits from the Summit getting to 10 teams, which further stabilizes it, creates travel partners for most sports and hopefully allowing them to move to a set basketball and volleyball (?) schedule (Thursday/Saturday). Any actual benefits or downside on the MVFC side are minimal at most, but that is the price that comes with helping the conference all of NDSU's sports except football and wrestling are in.
    YOu just said how this benefits two conferences. My statement was I dont see how this benefits NDSU as thats what you said as a possibility in your original statement.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    YOu just said how this benefits two conferences. My statement was I dont see how this benefits NDSU as thats what you said as a possibility in your original statement.
    Aren't the things I mentioned that benefit the Summit, where every sport but football and wrestling are, direct benefits to NDSU as well? I guess that was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Aren't the things I mentioned that benefit the Summit, where every sport but football and wrestling are, direct benefits to NDSU as well? I guess that was my point.
    Im getting people mixed up. My original question was directed at this statement below.

Quote Originally Posted by barnwintersportsengelstad View Post
    This is definitely the best move for UND, maybe it will be good for NDSU, also. There are many positives on both sides here.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    UND has been D1 in name only but an irrelevant non-factor in reality. They might as well have been pioneer league. That's about to change. I'll give a more in depth opinion/answer as to why I hate seeing this later when I have some time.
    They have an opportunity now to play NDSU annually. They will eventually win a game. What will that do to a recruit's perspective on the two programs? In their current conference alignment, right now NDSU could win 3 games and UND could win 9 and UND would still be irrelevant to most kids in this region.

It's pretty simple from a recruiting standpoint on how this will harm NDSU. We will have a dilution of talent. It is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    They have an opportunity now to play NDSU annually. They will eventually win a game. What will that do to a recruit's perspective on the two programs? In their current conference alignment, right now NDSU could win 3 games and UND could win 9 and UND would still be irrelevant to most kids in this region.

It's pretty simple from a recruiting standpoint on how this will harm NDSU. We will have a dilution of talent. It is inevitable.
    Michigan State owned Michigan for like 5 or 6 years...I'd be willing to bet Michigan still won head to head in recruiting each of those years.
    College of Business Alumnus