Page 20 of 52 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Iowa post game thoughts.

Default Re: Iowa post game thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Anyone know where I can find the Iowa coach/players post-game conference?
    I think you can find them in the multimedia section of Hawkeye sports.com
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Loved the 2-point try! Basically said we are winning now or it's over but we didn't get it and didn't give up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    anyone know how long the drive was?
    15 plays too

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    NDSU made it an ugly game. Well done. Lot if grit. There wax a few times I thought they would lay down but they didn't.

This isn't even close to being true.

The Bison OL and DL dominated Iowa, especially in the 2nd half.

Being there, there is no way the Bison were "laying down"......freakin stupid statement.

How fun is it watching all the college highlight shows and seeing our big win again and again? LOTS of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    How fun is it watching all the college highlight shows and seeing our big win again and again? LOTS of fun.
    On one of the ESPN shows this morning, they used Jeff Culhane's play-by-play to highlight the game-winning kick. The folks in the studio loved the "Horns-Up" phrase.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    On one of the ESPN shows this morning, they used Jeff Culhane's play-by-play to highlight the game-winning kick. The folks in the studio loved the "Horns-Up" phrase.
    Saw that too! That was fantastic...

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Really impressed and happy with Jeff Culhane. Love his excitement and enthusiasm for a positive Bison play...AND his disdain and voice dejection for the opponents' positives. One thing I'd like to see him add to his repertoire (love the Horns up, Hawkeyes down etc) is adding 'Bison' or 'NDSU' after 'Touchdown' when we score. And yes, I realize Scotty said Bison.

Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Really impressed and happy with Jeff Culhane. Love his excitement and enthusiasm for a positive Bison play...AND his disdain and voice dejection for the opponents' positives. One thing I'd like to see him add to his repertoire (love the Horns up, Hawkeyes down etc) is adding 'Bison' or 'NDSU' after 'Touchdown' when we score. And yes, I realize Scotty said Bison.

https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...pedersen-gw-fg

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    I loved the reffing on this game minus the hit out of bounds call. Replay clearly showed him in bounds. Defender's job is to prevent them from getting yardage so even if he was going out of bounds you force him out sooner. Proof of double standard, the next series Bruce Anderson had a carry were he was also "clearly" going out of bounds and Iowa player hit him a half second before going out and nary a comment. Also seems odd it was not the ref that was right there didn't throw a flag it was the guy down field.

Anyways our run game was great in the 2nd half. Hopefully Polasek finally seeing the light a bit.

The 2 point call was absolutely right, we had been rolling them that whole drive. When I was going through the options and coming up with reasons to my wife, it really made a lot of sense to me. The worse case scenario was they would get some decent yardage and get to field goal range, then kick a field goal as time expired. But I think they went all conservative and thought NDSU wouldn't be able to make enough quick strikes to get into range.

Loved watching this game, hoping to keep it close was a reasonable expectation, winning was gravy!
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    My suspicion is a bit of the hit out of bounds penalty was how he was hit. If MJ would have pushed him out instead of laying a pretty good lick on him I wonder if there would have been a penalty. Just speculation on my part... In any case good game for NDSU cleaning up penalties as I believe that was the only one.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.