Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Iowa post game thoughts.

Default Re: Iowa post game thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    They were salty about "In Heaven there is no beer" like they invented it or something. Thought we were ripping them off.
    Is it the first time they've heard another school play it? I know UND does and I've heard it at a few other places.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    They were salty about "In Heaven there is no beer" like they invented it or something. Thought we were ripping them off.
    A lot of schools play it after a game, NDSU and UND included. It's been a big tradition at Iowa for over a half century so hearing the visiting school's band play it after they lose has to sting a little.

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/17/12...fter-beat-iowa
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

I thought this was one of the first games where every one of the RBs made a statement play/plays. Bruce had a highlight catch to keep a drive moving and some nice runs, Dunn had the long run to set up the td in the second half, King also had a long run and several tough yards when the team needed them, and Chase caught the last TD. I've been skeptical of the RB rotation method in the past. It always seems like one of the backs is hot while the others take a back seat that game, but this is an example of all the backs being utilized to their strengths, and noone taking a backseat to anyone else. Going to be hard for me to criticize the 4-back rotation going forward.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Holy shit, I need to listen to a game with the new guy announcing. He sounds awesome. Great find!
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    A lot of schools play it after a game, NDSU and UND included. It's been a big tradition at Iowa for over a half century so hearing the visiting school's band play it after they lose has to sting a little.

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/17/12...fter-beat-iowa
    Yeah, I know but man, this was awesome. Like we stole their soul.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Clean this up and heres your guy
    Attachment 7306
    Ah yes, the surrender cobra in its native habitat, the home stands of FBS teams playing North Dakota State University.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thunderstruck couldn't be heard in any bar. I tried several times at various places and they said they wouldn't play it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was listening to KFAN yesterday morning while cleaning. Both Barreiro and Justin Gaard were discussing the game on their Sunday AM programs. J.G. actually went to the game as he has family down there. He said he turned to his dad at the beginning of the 4th quarter and said, "NDSU has them right where they want them." His thought being with the overtime games and playoff games we have played in, we know how to finish. He also said his Iowa Uncles were going to need a few days to get over the disappointment.

That is something about this game that is a bit unique. Most other FBS games we have played, although many of their fan bases thought it was going to be a walk in the park against an FCS team, none of them had grand plans about their teams potential for the season. I think Kansas St even understood it was probably going to be a rebuilding year. My impression is that Iowa believed they had an outside shot at the college football playoffs and a very good shot at playing in the Big 10 Championship game (which they still can, our game has no influence on that). From that point of view, this is probably the most sobering of our games for our opponents.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

I'm loving the irony of CJ Beathard's T-shirt in this post game interview:

"Iowa Football Strength and Conditioning," esp. considering how they got owned in the 4th quarter...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohyF07hyKLQ

Worth noting Phil Hanson said in 1660 interview that Iowa LB's were seen puking on the field during 4th quarter. brutal.

Cam will remember that kick for the rest of his life, I am happy for the kid.