Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Iowa post game thoughts.

Default Re: Iowa post game thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by LongLostAlum View Post
    With 3:41 left I would think it would be hard to calculate all the different variables that could still occur. I've always thought of the "going for two" play as more of a "do or die" play, where you do it when there are just seconds left on the clock. But that's just my preconceived notion of it.
    It made sense mathematically, and NDSU had complete ownership of the line of scrimmage. Easy decision when you consider the momentum in play at the time. Correct call.
    Gay-Communist-Bully-TAB

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    If I may add to this, these are my observations

Positives.
    1) Austin playing Center seemed to have revived our running game.
    2) Our run defense was outstanding , we shutdown their star RBs which no BIG 10 team was able to do besides Ohio.
    3) Our RBs were outstanding today.

Negatives.
    1) Our punter sucks, there is no way to sugar coat this.
    2) Snapping the ball for field goal did not look sharp and caused Cam Peterson to miss a field goal attempt.
    3) Our DBs ball tracking skills worries me.
    4) Easton aka Captain Sully too slow scanning the field and finding open receivers. He missed open receivers down field on more than 2 occasions
    5) High snaps from Austin Kunert.
    Hey, negative Nancy.
    1. We've ben spoiled with great punters, yes our punting game isn't up to recent standards, but I think it will improve.
    2. Game winning field goal = snap, spot, kick....good!!! enough said.
    3. Young dbs, we'll improve, season is young. Still good enough to be 3-0!
    4. Jeez, lay off on the guy, he's only undefeated as a starter and clutch in 4th quarter drives this year, oh yeah and he's just a sophomore.
    5. Must not have got the memo that this was his first start of the year. Kunert is a stud.

Bizon are 3-0!

Just when you think NDSU cant do anything more to shock and amaze. This is one of the greatest upsets in college football history. Total domination in the second half and especially the fourth quarter by both o and d lines. Never been more proud.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

You flipped on the bat signal,

so here I am.

I did not think we WOULD lose this game. I didn't really believe we could lose this game. I did talk myself into believing that NDSU could compete with us, but I figured CJB and the boys would eventually remember who they are and we would win by at least 10 or so points.

But, NDSU is pretty much the equivalent, right now, of a middle-of-FBS team. They've shown they can compete with (and maybe beat) anyone that gets put on their schedule. I suspect there are only 10 or 15 teams in all of FBS that would be truly safe from a possible loss (in a one-off) to them. That list includes Alabama, Ohio St, maybe Clemson, maybe Stanford, and a few others. That list obviously does not include Iowa.

Honestly, the Iowa team we saw today will be fortunate to get to 8 or 9 wins. It could be a .500 team. We can not sleep-walk through entire halves of games, or forget how to tackle (or even gang-tackle), or drop a bunch of passes, or have RBs stop hitting holes, or play with no enthusiasm. If we play like that, we could easily be beaten by Michigan, Wisky, Nebby, Minny, PSU. Maybe even Illinois, or Rutgers, or the preppy jerks who kidnapped jNW's football team and are now wearing their uniforms. We might even lose to Purdue (well, no, even if our entire team caught Mucormycosis, we won't lose to Purdue).

We all wanted to believe that Iowa was, last year, beginning a run that would last several seasons and would probably leave Beathard, King, Vandeberg, Jaleel J, and a few other guys to be known in Hawkeye Lore as "that class that really started the best of times." Maybe that is still barely alive, maybe not.

But, NDSU actually has their version of that, right now. They have guys that have been singing "all I do is win, win, win no matter what" and backing it up for 3 or 4 years. They are a better program that UNI, and UNI has scared Iowa a couple times.

These Bison Bros, and their fans, set up one game almost every year WITH THE EXPLICIT INTENT OF SHOWING THE FOOTBALL WORLD THAT NOBODY SHOULD FUCK WITH THEM.

And Kansas St, Minnesota, Colorado St, Iowa St, Kansas, and now Iowa have all had to live with the disappointment of using only a rifle (instead of the automatic repeating shotgun that is required) against this mutated FCS team, and having it's bloody carcass stand up, and continue to lunge toward us to try to bite our necks and other areas that contain veins. Oregon and Colorado are, in the next few years, going to get their chance to learn from all of this, or suffer a similar fate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_...BS_competition

And so, no, I am not happy. But, if you are a Hawkeye fan that is not delusional or entitled (and that Rose Bowl should have ensured that we did not feel entitled), you knew that terrific seasons should not be EXPECTED. They are earned. Not by us, but by the labors, performance, and sometimes sacrifice of health of guys between the ages of 18 and 23. That's the same for all but 5 programs in FBS. You expect, you relax, you die. And then your fans run to an internet comment board and look for solace, or a scapegoat, or sick/dark/inappropriate humor. If that fan is a dick-head, he/she goes on twitter and tries to pick a fight with one of the players.

Strangely enough, Iowa probably has enough talent to go win every other game this year (I'm not going to predict a conference title game, or a bowl or playoff game). But it all starts with Sunday's film study, Monday morning's weight-lifting, and Monday's practice.

And it continues with the first conference game, which just happens to be our first chance to show Rutgers and their fans what some pissed-off, corn-fed, battle-tested dudes from flyover country can do once they get off the 3-hour plane ride from the CID airport to the excellent efficiency of EWR.

I never wanted to Fire Ferentz / Fire Barta.

It's a bittersweet win. NDSU will lose coaches after this season.

Love the way this team plays. They just scrap.

I loved the reffing on this game minus the hit out of bounds call. Replay clearly showed him in bounds. Defender's job is to prevent them from getting yardage so even if he was going out of bounds you force him out sooner. Proof of double standard, the next series Bruce Anderson had a carry were he was also "clearly" going out of bounds and Iowa player hit him a half second before going out and nary a comment. Also seems odd it was not the ref that was right there didn't throw a flag it was the guy down field.

Anyways our run game was great in the 2nd half. Hopefully Polasek finally seeing the light a bit.

The 2 point call was absolutely right, we had been rolling them that whole drive. When I was going through the options and coming up with reasons to my wife, it really made a lot of sense to me. The worse case scenario was they would get some decent yardage and get to field goal range, then kick a field goal as time expired. But I think they went all conservative and thought NDSU wouldn't be able to make enough quick strikes to get into range.

Loved watching this game, hoping to keep it close was a reasonable expectation, winning was gravy!
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    It's a bittersweet win. NDSU will lose coaches after this season.
    I wouldn't be shocked if it doesn't happen or if it does. However if it does happen I hope it's not as awkward as before and I hope like hell we just promote from within. It worked before. It's all about the system. I'm sure Polasek, Hedberg, Entz, Riley, Roehl, Austin, Cain, or Goeser would be interested in the head coaching job that pays a nice chunk of change. Could probably poach some former Bison assistants in Wyoming.

But it's lame to talk about right now because it's just a reaction because Bohl left after we beat KState. But given Bohls shitty results... It kind of hurts the perception of hiring an Ndsu coach. We just need to worry about winning and keep paying the coaches more.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

We wore down Iowa. Apparently they weren't able to wear down because they are indestructible, don't rotate players, and have the best conditioning coach on the planet.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Anyone know where I can find the Iowa coach/players post-game conference?
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes