Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Which would you take right now?

Default Re: Which would you take right now?

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    The thing I hear the most when NDSU is mentioned in the national media is "Five time consecutive national champion NDSU Bison!" My Question is, why can't we play Iowa tough and still win the Natty?
    That's because 8-3 vs fbs school ndsu bison doesn't roll off the tongue

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    That's because 8-3 vs fbs school ndsu bison doesn't roll off the tongue
    The FBS wins are nice, but like boobs mostly decorative in the big scheme of things!

The FBS wins are nice, but like boobs mostly decorative in the big scheme of things!
    I don't know, I would take big boobs on a hotty right now..................

Bison win over Iowa would be huge! Does not even compare to another FCS championship.

I'd wager this game would be on watchESPN, or ESPNU/news if it wasn't for ndsus fbs history... But it's on the deuce. Probably a better game than Miami app but I digress

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Bison win over Iowa would be huge! Does not even compare to another FCS championship.
    Depends on your definition of "compare." It would be a huge win for the program, for sure. It would probably do more to open the eyes of the average football fan to what we have going up in Fargo. Collectively, being 9-3 against FBS competition in the D1 era, including Iowa and Kansas State might, just might, start to legitimize the program in the eyes of the average FBS college football fan.

But it would still lose a little luster, I think, if we didn't follow it up with another championship.

I don't ever see national championship opponents be brought ever. Where do you get that assumption??

Winning 20 straight do or dies is more impressive than the 5 Natty's in my own mind. Even though theyve all been home games.
    Winning five straight championships is the same thing as winning ~20 straight against the best of the division. Can't do one without the other. Both items have been mentioned on more than one occasion in the various threads.

My point is that mentioning the individual names doesn't carry much weight, but the collective accomplishment perhaps does. At least to anyone who understands a bit about college football, and how hard it is to win that much at any level.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Beating Iowa and not winning the conference and natty would take a lot of the luster off of beating Iowa. Being the giant killer doesn't mean as much when you aren't killing those on your own level, as well. Then we just become the team that beat Iowa on any given Saturday. We can be the school that beat Iowa and won 6 in a row because we are badass and we can beat any school on Saturday. Tall order, but if anyone is up to it, don't put it past the Bison.
    So True. Remember when we beat the Gophers in 2007 and we thought we were so on top of the world... Until we needed a last second win vs Davis and Polly and then lost to SDSU in the season finale... And not winning the conference with no playoffs. That sucked big time.

Of course if we beat Iowa we would be 3-0 with 2 top 10 FCS wins and a top 20 FBS win, which would mean it's a shoe in to at the very least play a game on Thanksgiving week, even with 3 losses.

But not getting home playoff games would suck. Favorite time of the year is our annual 3 home playoff games.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'd wager this game would be on watchESPN, or ESPNU/news if it wasn't for ndsus fbs history... But it's on the deuce. Probably a better game than Miami app but I digress
    I would guess that being the five time consecutive nat champs has something to do with our appearance on ESPN2!

Now, I know what your trying to do here. Your one of the big "move to FBS guys." I'm fine with that, but until that happens winning number 6 is our top priority in 2016. We have been playing for titles for 50 years! Ain't changing this year!

If Iowa loses to NDSU, they will drop out of the top 25 so it might not end up being the biggest win in program history.

I'll vote for A with the six-peat, double three-peat, triple back-to-back, or whatever you want to call it.

It's obvious the poll is would you trade 6 in a row for the biggest win in program history. Just roll with it people, fuck. None of you are on the team so quit over thinking shit
    It's OK to not be OK.