Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Which would you take right now?

Default Re: Which would you take right now?

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Beating Iowa and not winning the conference and natty would take a lot of the luster off of beating Iowa. Being the giant killer doesn't mean as much when you aren't killing those on your own level, as well. Then we just become the team that beat Iowa on any given Saturday. We can be the school that beat Iowa and won 6 in a row because we are badass and we can beat any school on Saturday. Tall order, but if anyone is up to it, don't put it past the Bison.
    That's how I expect UNI, Illinois State, EWU and Richmond will be feeling at the end of this year when NDSU wins its sixth straight title.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    That's how I expect UNI, Illinois State, EWU and Richmond will be feeling at the end of this year when NDSU wins its sixth straight title.
    They will just become schools that had an awesome Saturday. I like being part of the tradition striving towards having an awesome season.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    They will just become schools that had an awesome Saturday. I like being part of the tradition striving towards having an awesome season.
    Me too and why I dislike these hypothetical polls where total success isn't available. Doesn't fit the culture of the program.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If I had to choose one of them......... A, we play for Natty's.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Lost to USD last year and brought home a 5th national championship. Individual games dont mean jack if you dont bring home the title.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

That's a trick and bullshit question designed to elicit a bullshit response, AKA Trolling

I would rather beat Iowa, lose a conference game or 2, then repeat, the three peat.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    Lost to USD last year and brought home a 5th national championship. Individual games dont mean jack if you dont bring home the title.
    why dont bison fans bring up Sam houston, towson wins etc to Iowa fans to justify NDSU's greatness then?

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    why dont bison fans bring up Sam houston, towson wins etc to Iowa fans to justify NDSU's greatness then?
    We do, but collectively.

It's easy for FBS fans to dismiss SHS-who? and "Townsend" because they've never heard of them before, but saying we have beaten 20 straight playoff games against the best of our division in a single elimination tournament might mean something to all but the most ignorant of FBS fans. Especially when you point out that the FCS teams that are beating FBS teams tend to be the ones in the playoffs.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The thing I hear the most when NDSU is mentioned in the national media is "Five time consecutive national champion NDSU Bison!" My Question is, why can't we play Iowa tough and still win the Natty?

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    We do, but collectively.

It's easy for FBS fans to dismiss SHS-who? and "Townsend" because they've never heard of them before, but saying we have beaten 20 straight playoff games against the best of our division in a single elimination tournament might mean something to all but the most ignorant of FBS fans. Especially when you point out that the FCS teams that are beating FBS teams tend to be the ones in the playoffs.
    I don't ever see national championship opponents be brought ever. Where do you get that assumption??

Winning 20 straight do or dies is more impressive than the 5 Natty's in my own mind. Even though theyve all been home games.