Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Which would you take right now?

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Which would you take right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    Morning drive I listen to Power Trip. Yeah I know its not everyone's cup of tea but it makes me laugh.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I'm all in on the Power Trip seems like people either like it or you don't. The Jack Michaels is not one of my favorites.

Power trip is one of the best shows on radio

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    National championships are forever.

Wins against P5 teams are very cool, but they're not the same. We didn't pack up the gear and call it a year after beating Iowa.

2016 was a very good football season when you consider the Iowa win, the way the defense battled through injuries, crushing SDSU in the playoffs, getting another conference championship, and winning two playoff games. Heck, for me, making the playoffs and winning your first game are the minimum requirements for a good year. NDSU far exceeded that. Still, this year's team isn't going to be considered one of the all-time greats because national championships are, and always will be, The Standard.
    I forgot that win vs Iowa only stays in a humans memory for 1 year. Thanks for the reminder

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I'll just compare then championship reactions by players and fans vs p5 wins reactions by players/fans.

After the Towson win which we knew it was over before the kick...the crowd leaving the stadium was just like leaving a September blowout vs a cupcake. Outside of the reactions on the stage after receiving the trophy...I would think the emotions wouldn't even touch the ones they had after beating Kstate that year. Hell bohl even cried after beating the purple wizard at his own place. Did he ever choke up with his post championship speeches?

Same way with iowa this year. Fans high fiving. ..hugging...whatever. never saw any of that in frisco.
    All. Of. This. And for those saying this team cant be considered in the all time great team discussion. I say to that I agree with you but that would have been the case either way. To me this team was easily the weakest we've had in the last 6 years. National Championship win or not. Do any of you really consider anything but the 2011 and 2013 teams the standard?

Quote Originally Posted by MontBison View Post
    All. Of. This. And for those saying this team cant be considered in the all time great team discussion. I say to that I agree with you but that would have been the case either way. To me this team was easily the weakest we've had in the last 6 years. National Championship win or not. Do any of you really consider anything but the 2011 and 2013 teams the standard?
    This team faced the toughest schedule of any Bison D1 team. When comparing teams that is no small consideration.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    SD there is much more to moving up than wanting to or saying that it is time.
    Really? I must be too stupid not to realize that. How about the stupidity of those that don't even expect an effort to move up? Same crap happened back in DII and it took way too long to move up to FCS because many in power were too stubborn to start working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    This team faced the toughest schedule of any Bison D1 team. When comparing teams that is no small consideration.
    A very good point.

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Very well said Pat!!! You should be a motivational speaker.
    Actually he would be a good demotivational speaker. Hey we are really good. Why think about getting better. Let's plateau and stay the same.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Really? I must be too stupid not to realize that. How about the stupidity of those that don't even expect an effort to move up? Same crap happened back in DII and it took way too long to move up to FCS because many in power were too stubborn to start working on it.
    I didn't say or imply you are stupid, and you seem to be lashing out at those that might disagree with you.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by MontBison View Post
    I forgot that win vs Iowa only stays in a humans memory for 1 year. Thanks for the reminder
    Well, I wasn't trying to insult you personally. Sure, we'll remember beating Ioaw. So will Iowa fans (and Iowa State, Minnesota, and Nebraska fans.)

But P5 wins like that would not resonate nearly as much if NDSU were a G5 team... that's reality.