Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Which would you take right now?

Default Re: Which would you take right now?

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Thats your response?
    Yep its a non starter for me.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

not this shit again.
    If you want FBS football at NDSU, which you do, what other suggestions do you have??

I technically didn't start it. Just voicing that the Iowa win/no national championship> Iowa loss/National championship

I'll take a Natty over a FBS win any day.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    If you want FBS football at NDSU, which you do, what other suggestions do you have??
    To retire the "start writing checks" line.

I tend to agree with this. How does writing checks now advance the FBS cause? NDSU would just spend the money at this level. There's no way to earmark a donation for FBS use only.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

I assume in return the "go FBS" folks will retire all their worn out lines.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    I tend to agree with this. How does writing checks now advance the FBS cause? NDSU would just spend the money at this level. There's no way to earmark a donation for FBS use only.
    It puts the Athletic dept in a much stronger financial position. It shows to would be FBS conferences our fund raising abilities to be able to afford the costs of a move up.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

How is that going to further your cause?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    How is that going to further your cause?
    I mean unless the stadium is named after me, i dont see why its a talking point for the anti fbs crowd. especially since theres a better shot of NDSU being G5 than me being able to write checks to build the stadium personally

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    You nailed it with this post. SDSU fans are talking about this being their best season ever...and they didn't even reach 10 wins. Since they've never done that, I guess that it is their best season ever. The bar isn't high.

True story time. A UND fan I work with stopped me to talk football and after the chit chat he mentioned next year and I said I'll buy my Frisco tickets like normal. He laughed to himself and said you have to get through UND first. He laughed, but was dead serious. I said how about you get your first FCS playoff win before you get to puffing out the chest. He just laughed that off as nothing...they are big time now.
    Cool.................
    You start a great post by talking about someone else's great post................great..............or is it grate?..............wait .......it's UN_, so maybe I'll use graitue.