Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Which would you take right now?

Default Re: Which would you take right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    How about if an FBS NDSU beat a Bowling Green or Toledo? Does that give you a woody? Because 90% of our games would be against those FBS teams not P5's. I'm sorry but those FBS teams get me just as excited as a Missouri State or Indiana State. And when we do beat an Iowa as an FBS team it just isn't as meaningful when we have the same scholarships. It'll be a blip on the radar compared to an FCS beating them. But hey we will be spending $10's of millions more money and get to go to the Toilet Cleanser Bowl in Cleveland on the Tuesday before Christmas! Yippeee
    Beating fbs teams on the norm is a lot better than beating isu b missouri state southern Illinois on a weekly basis. Also hosting toledo, bowling Green etc has more appeal along with more opportunities to play p5 teams rather than waiting every 3 years for a crack

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Actually he would be a good demotivational speaker. Hey we are really good. Why think about getting better. Let's plateau and stay the same.
    Now youre just making shit up. JFC
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Now youre just making shit up. JFC
    Well...prove that he's wrong here then.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I've never seen so many Bison players from the sidelines on the field as when Thorton picked off Roberson.

Beck with a boot on and all was jumping around on the field.

Those guys looked pretty excited to win that Championship.
    But lets not let that get in the way of a good FBS pud pounding.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Well...prove that he's wrong here then.

The accusation has been made so he needs to provide proof that Ive said that. He cant because I never have. I will even tell you to prove it also. Between the two of you internet brain trusts Im sure you can find something?????

How about if an FBS NDSU beat a Bowling Green or Toledo? Does that give you a woody? Because 90% of our games would be against those FBS teams not P5's. I'm sorry but those FBS teams get me just as excited as a Missouri State or Indiana State. And when we do beat an Iowa as an FBS team it just isn't as meaningful when we have the same scholarships. It'll be a blip on the radar compared to an FCS beating them. But hey we will be spending $10's of millions more money and get to go to the Toilet Cleanser Bowl in Cleveland on the Tuesday before Christmas! Yippeee
    So you'd rather beat up on defenseless basketball schools than football schools?

If you go to the "toilet bowl," the team probably wasn't very good that year anyway.
    College of Business Alumnus

Duplicate post

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Beating fbs teams on the norm is a lot better than beating isu b missouri state southern Illinois on a weekly basis. Also hosting toledo, bowling Green etc has more appeal along with more opportunities to play p5 teams rather than waiting every 3 years for a crack
    That's where we differ and it's ok to have a different opinion. IMO the puds in the MAC are no better the the puds in the MVFC. I could give 2 shits to see Toledo or Bowling Green in Fargo because I know we would be better then them just like we are better then MSU, ISUb, SIU now. Same difference.

Even for the offseason, this is getting entertaining: which is better, beating FBS teams or winning national championships? Good grief, this program has problems .
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

That's where we differ and it's ok to have a different opinion. IMO the puds in the MAC are no better the the puds in the MVFC. I could give 2 shits to see Toledo or Bowling Green in Fargo because I know we would be better then them just like we are better then MSU, ISUb, SIU now. Same difference.
    Which is weird because bison nation normally gets up for southern miss or Akron or Arkansas state to come to town in basketball

I do think there is puds in mac...but I think nationally ranked teams coming to Fargo is appealing to the mass