Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Iowa score predictions

Default Iowa score predictions

Since no one else has stated the thread I might as well get it going.

Two games into the season and I think it is safe to say most fans in Bison nation aren't nearly as confident about their team as we were at the beginning of the season. So far, this seasons team is not nearly as good as teams of the past. Iowa will be the toughest team we will have faced in the history of the program. They are coming off a great season and are returning most key players from last seasons Big 10 West championship team.

How will we fare in this matchup? Well, the good news is that the first two games of the season really won't tell us much about this particular matchup as Iowa runs a completely different offensive scheme as CS and EW. Actually, Iowa's offense plays right into the strength's of our defense. In essence, Iowa runs the same offense as we do (or at least what we used to). This will play into our D's strengths as we are more suited to stopping the run and short passing game as opposed to defending a pass happy offense like EW, however, Iowa is more than capable of throwing the football, which does not bode well for our young secondary. Because Iowa runs a more traditional offense, we should see a better effort from our D than last week.

When we are on offense, I don't think our traditional power run game will work well against Iowa's front 4, so we will have to come up with something else, which is probably for the best because our O line hasn't exactly been dominating the LOS so far this season. In what my be a stroke of luck for us this week, our O coordinator seems to have gone away from power football to an option/read short passing type of offense with the occasional deep ball. Quite frankly, most Bison fans don't really know what kind of offense we are going to run. Maybe this will be good thing for us, maybe not. It seemed like Iowa gave up quit a few yards and points to MO's option/read offense in week one which should give us hope. We do have talent and playmakers on that side of the ball so we should be able to move the ball and score some points.

I think this will be a lot closer game than most Iowa fans think it will be. The very nature of both teams offenses (ball control, ground and pound) combined with stout D for each, should make this game a low scoring affair. All and all, I think Iowa will be too much for us and our FBS win streak will end.

Hawkeye's 28
    Bison 14

Edit: I forgot to add that I will never count the Bison out of any game. I know better. I have seen way too many big wins and come from behind victories to totally say we can't win any particular game. There is way too much winning tradition in this program to bet against them. So, while I think we lose this game, it would not surprise me in the least if we won. It would not surprise me at all..................
    Last edited by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN; 09-13-2016 at 04:28 AM.

Default Re: Iowa score predictions

Bison 31...Hawkeyes 30

But mainly...hoping for a good game.

This edition is still evolving after losing the core of the defensive backfield and offensive line. And yes...we miss Ben LeCompte.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Wont get to watch this game, going to cities on Sat for Vikes v Packers game but will be listening. Bison get pounded... hope I'm wrong..

Bizon 17
    Iowa 38

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If our pass defense is not Swiss Cheese like last week, we have a chance. https://vine.co/v/5Jp3nm0xn5a
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Iowa: Around 28-34
    NDSU: Around 17-24

Id like to see us keep it interesting. I'm definitely not counting us out, but nowhere near as confident as I was after the chipper last January.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

I didn't pick us to beat K State but I expected a close game. Same deal here. 27-21 Iowa. To win this one we will have to play a clean game. The dumb penalties can't happen. The defense needs to play pissed after a bad showing because our front 7 is as good as we have ever had. We. Need our safeties to play way better.
    We'll have to figure out how to do better on 1st down and Stick will need to do a great job dinking and dunking and being patient but we need to stick with the run. If we're one dimensional I don't like the match-up in pass protection. Probably need one well timed trick play. Well need to play the best special teams game of the year and actually win the battle.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Bison achilles heel is pass defense.

Last year (Montana, 1st game) pass defense also was not good, but by the UND game, it had turned around (in a big, big way), and by playoff time was very consistent as well so that the Bison defense might well have been the best ever (based on points allowed, other data). If the Bison go from so-so to excellent in a week on pass defense, Bison can win this game. The offense is good enough and D against the run is good enough. If the pass defense does not improve, I assume Iowa will exploit this and hand the Bison a sound drubbing.

21-7

Iowa

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was confident that NDSU would beat K-State. I don't have that confidence this time around. I hope we keep it close, but I am keeping expectations low. Hopefully by doing so if the Bison lose I won't be grumpy. The last thing I want to do is be mopey when I have to watch my daughter because my old lady works on Saturday.

Iowa 27
    Bison 10

33-30 Bison. Iowa turns the ball over 3 times (all three lead to scores) and the Bison have none.