Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Iowa Tailgating Roll Call & Where You At?

Default Re: Iowa Tailgating Roll Call & Where You At?

Do they allow left turns onto Melrose ave and then into tailgating lots on Melrose at 6:00 am or should we plan accordingly?
    Sue are people....not mascots!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kingbison View Post
    Do they allow left turns onto Melrose ave and then into tailgating lots on Melrose at 6:00 am or should we plan accordingly?
    Alumni association has made very clear to NOT do that. They wan you to take a right by approaching from the West and have put out maps.

6-7am seems to be the general rule if the thumb. You can google when lots open on university owned properties as well

image.jpg

Understood, but we tailgate with Bison faithful every home game. We're going to try something new this road trip

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Sue are people....not mascots!!!!

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    While I agree with you...I have been to Big 10 games before. When you make a transition from FCS to FBS its not like all of a sudden we as fans get better at tailgating. Tailgating is tailgating. 10,000 people tailgating in a parking lot the size of the Fargodome's lot vs. 10,000 people tailgating over a course of 1.5 miles is still 10,000 people tailgating.

I enjoy tailgating with the people I tailgate with and I enjoy stopping by and meeting new Bison fans. Sure, meeting some Iowa fans will be cool and all, but id rather not hear "were going to beat you so bad' (or something similar to this effect) 250x over. However, meeting new bison fans that I then could possibly meet up with and talk to 8 more times throughout the year? Sounds like a blast to me.

That and im 28 years old. IDK about most of you...but 30+ year olds partying with 19-21 year old isn't always as cool as it sounds like. If you get what Im saying.

This ^^ and this^^ I was going to post something similar but decided to read through the thread because I knew someone was going to have the same thoughts...I must also add that having 10,000 people all in one area is a better time than having them spread out. I think some of those "bigger" programs would be very surprised at our tailgating situation at the dome.

Just getting some tickets and had a quick question. Roughly what section and rows is the Ndsu allotment. My wife and I want to sit with Ndsu fans. Are all rows of section 135 Ndsu fans?

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    While I agree with you...I have been to Big 10 games before. When you make a transition from FCS to FBS its not like all of a sudden we as fans get better at tailgating. Tailgating is tailgating. 10,000 people tailgating in a parking lot the size of the Fargodome's lot vs. 10,000 people tailgating over a course of 1.5 miles is still 10,000 people tailgating.

I enjoy tailgating with the people I tailgate with and I enjoy stopping by and meeting new Bison fans. Sure, meeting some Iowa fans will be cool and all, but id rather not hear "were going to beat you so bad' (or something similar to this effect) 250x over. However, meeting new bison fans that I then could possibly meet up with and talk to 8 more times throughout the year? Sounds like a blast to me.

That and im 28 years old. IDK about most of you...but 30+ year olds partying with 19-21 year old isn't always as cool as it sounds like. If you get what Im saying.
    Tailgating as a visitor fan at P5 is different than staying at your tailgate for NDSU games. Much different. You get treated like royalty. Kansas I can think of was the only p5 tailgate where I left thinking that wasn't very fun.

I'm guessing Iowa will be similar to Lincoln, which i had a blast because people openly invite you to their spots. We met a husker fan from Oakes who brought us to a house party( not full of 19-21 year olds, weird) and pointed to a trough of beer and say have at it.

You don't get that in Fargo if you're decked out in bison gear.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Tailgating as a visitor fan at P5 is different than staying at your tailgate for NDSU games. Much different. You get treated like royalty. Kansas I can think of was the only p5 tailgate where I left thinking that wasn't very fun.

I'm guessing Iowa will be similar to Lincoln, which i had a blast because people openly invite you to their spots. We met a husker fan from Oakes who brought us to a house party( not full of 19-21 year olds, weird) and pointed to a trough of beer and say have at it.

You don't get that in Fargo if you're decked out in bison gear.
    Be careful in Brookings if you get offered to have at it in their troughs. I'm pretty sure SDSU cheerleaders will bite...and who knows if their shots are up to date.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Be careful in Brookings if you get offered to have at it in their troughs. I'm pretty sure SDSU cheerleaders will bite...and who knows if their shots are up to date.
    Everyone knows sdsu has a lame tailgate, which is why I don't venture away from bison fans to hang out with rabbit fans and their troughs

I could only handle summit league tournament attendance vs Frisco attendance for so long

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I just hope a hawkeye fan hits hando in the face with a cheeseburger. That's a streak that must live on!