Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Iowa Tailgating Roll Call & Where You At?

Default Re: Iowa Tailgating Roll Call & Where You At?

Might have been said already
    Just got in and settled into the house we rented. Was wondering are we able to park tailgate rig tonight at the alumni/high school parking lot or do we have to wait until 6am tomorrow morning.
    Disregard found out for ourself high school football going on right now
    Last edited by JAG-BISON; 09-17-2016 at 12:02 AM.

Has anybody ridden Hawkeye train? Wondering if I can get a wheelchair on it. Is it like light rail in cities or double decker Amtrak?

It's a double decker but has handicapped accessible seating

Thanks. I assume there is lower level seating too. ?

So can we get in that lot after the football game is over?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    So can we get in that lot after the football game is over?

We are going to and believe others are too
    Haven't heard no soooo just going with the ask for forgiveness later then permission.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG-BISON View Post
    We are going to and believe others are too
    Haven't heard no soooo just going with the ask for forgiveness later then permission.
    Wonder what time the game of game will get done? I'm just coming into Cedar Rapids now.

At work
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    I'm going to help out some of my Valley mates here. My brother went to school at Iowa and I tailgate down there about once or twice a year. Much has changed over time but I will try to help you out here. If you want the full tailgating experience you want to be as close to Melrose Ave as possible. People on Melrose will rent out their yards as tailgating lots, if you get there early enough you can get a spot. If you head west of the stadium on Melrose, right across the railroad tracks, past the Melrose Dental office, on the right hand side of the road there is a lot where you can pay to tailgate, it's probably around $30/care by now. Going further west on Melrose there is St. Andrew Church, huge parking lot that they rent out spots on games days. It is an 11 AM kick-off so I would plan on rolling into these spots by 6:30 AM, seriously, we usually roll in at 6AM.

I have also tailgated as far away as over by the softball fields across the street from the Wig & Pen. It's a ways away and you won't even see the stadium from there, but it may be a good spot to park, do some tailgating, then take a suitcase of beer and walk up the Finkbine trail towards the stadium and just wonder around tailgating. I've done that with a WalMart bag filled with beer and ice. Total redneck but you'll fit in just fine there.

I much, much prefer tailgating on Melrose, so that would be my first option. What you have to remember is that the stadium is in a residential neighborhood and there will be parties spread out in people's yards for a good mile or more in every direction from the stadium. If I were going back for the game Saturday I would try to get my old spot at the house located at 1124 Melrose (yes, that is the address), second option would be the church lot a block and a half west.

I concur. This is good advice.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Friday night in Coralville, check. Here's to a fun day tomorrow Bison Nation!!