Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Thread: EWU Postgame thoughts

Default Re: EWU Postgame thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I think part of the issue with these last couple of games is that "top 10" has proven a bit of a joke the last several season because the top and the middle of the MVFC has been so good and the polls haven't adequately accounted for that dominance and depth (not that you'd expect them to). Perhaps that won't prove to be the case this season but right now I think its difficult to look at the form NDSU has shown these first 2 games and expect much more than a share of the conference title at 6-2.
    Well there's that
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

[QUOTE=BisonAccountant44;1151249]We like to have it both ways at times though. We get pissy with the FBS teams for talking down about the FCS and will go on an on about how great of football it is, how the top FCS teams are better than many FBS teams, than when a couple top 10 FCS team show that they're worthy of being on our football field we get all indigent about it.

Don't forget about the part of bitching about scheduling D2 teams or lower rung FCS schools who "Aren't up to the Bison Standards". But at the same time being indignant when FBS Schools/Fans think the Bison aren't up to "Their" standards....
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

[QUOTE=mtoutfitter;1151282]
    Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    We like to have it both ways at times though. We get pissy with the FBS teams for talking down about the FCS and will go on an on about how great of football it is, how the top FCS teams are better than many FBS teams, than when a couple top 10 FCS team show that they're worthy of being on our football field we get all indigent about it.

Don't forget about the part of bitching about scheduling D2 teams or lower rung FCS schools who "Aren't up to the Bison Standards". But at the same time being indignant when FBS Schools/Fans think the Bison aren't up to "Their" standards....
    When was the last time a D2 team came in and even keot the game competitive? Apples to oranges, IMO. A more apples to apples comparison is NDSU scheduling UND more regularly right now is a no-win situation for NDSU. If NDSU wins, they are supposed to, if UND were to win it signals the end of the world. Just like FBS teams scheduling NDSU.

Note: the odds of NDSU beating an FBS team have to astronomically higher than NDSU losing to UND.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

That td pass to Kupp up the middle was so close to getting tipped ....watch again...not sure how it got through

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 1993bison; 09-15-2016 at 02:07 AM.

Much respect to that EWU team. Their offensive play was amazing to watch.
    Some of the best talent/plays I've seen at any level of football.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    We might be crazy but we're not all Ronnie Lott crazy.

We've got some Cornhusker-fire-a-guy-for-only-winning-10-games crazy though, that's for sure.
    How many team maker priority points do you get for cutting off a finger? It might be good information to have come playoff time.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.