Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: EWU Postgame thoughts

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: EWU Postgame thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I'm not trying to be a Monday Morning Quarterback (or D-Coordinator in this instance) but everyone from casual fans to experts seemed to think the only way to shut down EWU was to put the QB under pressure. What was the point of dropping 8 when he was picking us apart like that anyway?
    Rushing 3 was Obviously not working. After their 2nd possession of the 3rd qtr I thought we would adjust. Nope!

Quote Originally Posted by FormerEag View Post
    Nice win guys. Looks like we are setting up a pattern of crazy games each time we play. I hope we get another crack at the Bison come playoff time.
    also, thanks for keeping a level head on your board.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No more 3 D-lineman rush EVER.... Please

Fortunate to win the game but we made enough plays to get it done. I like that Dunn asserted himself more, hope that is a trend because he has so much big play potential. EWU's QB made some plays but we gave him way too much time. Defense was a mess, some of that is EWU though their offense is damn good.

Also those refs should probably consider a new profession, they were a complete joke. Thank God targeting is reviewed.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Somebody call in and ask about the spike

Defense was really put to the test with great throws and good running from the QB. I can see why Washington State couldn't slow them down.

Is there a record for number of plays reviewed in a single game?
    It's OK to not be OK.

I agree that targeting call was terrible and had huge implications for next week as well. Glad the reviewer realized the hit legal.
    COACH BOHL: We have a great, rich tradition at North Dakota State. The school has won eight National Championships in football. And so we've got a lot of pride, not only with these guys ‑‑ and D.J. alluded to it ‑‑ Bison pride. That goes all the way back to the '60s, I believe 1965.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Fortunate to win the game but we made enough plays to get it done. I like that Dunn asserted himself more, hope that is a trend because he has so much big play potential. EWU's QB made some plays but we gave him way too much time. Defense was a mess, some of that is EWU though their offense is damn good.

Also those refs should probably consider a new profession, they were a complete joke. Thank God targeting is reviewed.
    The game is being ruined by the thing that ruins so many things, overregulation. I'm afraid it's only going to get worse. In 10 years (or less) we may not recognize the game.

Guys on the postgame are saying the long plays were "fluke" plays... yeah okay...

The booth can call targeting and then review their own call which is what happened according to the KVLY announcers.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post

It's OK to not be OK.