Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: EWU Postgame thoughts

Default Re: EWU Postgame thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I think it's obvious our secondary has some issues. For that reason, it's the fault of the D Coordinator for putting them in a bad position. Our strength is our pass rush and our weaknesses is our secondary. Our scheme took away our strength by not getting pressure and put pressure on our weaknesses, our secondary.

And yes. The penalties have to stop and the punting has to improve. It's issues all over the place. Some players. Some coaches
    ^^^^^^^^a lot of truth here

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    You just wasted everybody's time here, we all are saying this from past 24 hours and now you realize this now and saying this like we never knew this before. Quit convincing people like this is not a big issue, we will get our ass handed to us against the HawkEyes next week and nearly every MWC has a WR that is as good as Cupp,...Weneke, Darious Fountain etc and our DBs will be flailing their hands in the air and falling all over the place. I saw this coming two years go when CJ was out for first few games due to injury. I dont think we can fix this issue during the next few weeks. This is not Matt Entz issue, Joe Klanderman should be held accountable. We are not even talking about the record number of penalties by our O Line which has been steadily increasing during Klieman era and Jackon Koontz punting issue
    Are you insane or just dumb? The debate is if the coaches use of a 3 man front caused the defense meltdown.....was it scheme or execution. I have been saying the entire time we were getting equally beat and having success the entire game in both 3 or 4 man fronts. Thus, scheme did not matter it was execution.

Again reading comprehension

I would go with just Dumb

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I am interested in how Farley will play them on D. I would like to see how some of the UNI pressure that they can bring effects EWU.
    Farley isn't going to rush 3. This will be interesting. I hate UNI but they get after the QB, Lead the conference in sacks regularly!

Any QB can pick apart a D when he has all day to throw, period.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Are you insane or just dumb? The debate is if the coaches use of a 3 man front caused the defense meltdown.....was it scheme or execution. I have been saying the entire time we were getting equally beat and having success the entire game in both 3 or 4 man fronts. Thus, scheme did not matter it was execution.

Again reading comprehension
    Haaaave you ever read his posts before?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I am interested in how Farley will play them on D. I would like to see how some of the UNI pressure that they can bring effects EWU.
    I think we gave UNI a pretty good template on how not to defend them so I would expect UNI to do better. That and they just played the goofy ass Montana offense which can only help them prepare for EWU.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

After further thought on this game, I have a couple of observations.

A major concern for our staff was that EWU pass offense is designed to get the ball out quickly, and we wanted to prevent that, along with getting QB pressure/sacks. So, our D game plan was to have 7-8 in coverage to inhibit EWU from getting the ball out quickly. We actually accomplished that many, many times. The problem was, we did not account for what would happen if we did accomplish that, but did not get the QB. In practice with scout squad, I'm guessing we did, but the actual game was different (obviously). Once the QB got out of the pocket and or was otherwise able to avoid the rush, the plays got extended big time, and I am not sure we can expect our secondary to defend/cover that long. Additionally, once the QB got out of the pocket, he was a run threat, thus adding more issues for the secondary. In short, I don't think the staff accounted for the "what if" our plan doesn't work, and consequently, our DB's weren't prepared for what happened or even knew what to do. In retrospect, I think we would have been better off in our base D, with a blitz/look package like we ran against MT in POs last year. MT also likes to get the ball out quickly and had great receivers.

As for King Frazier, he is running like he did early last season rather than how he finished. He needs to understand he is not a stretch runner, but, rather, a north and south runner like we saw in later games last year. He needs to go back to beast mode and start running people over and getting the yards that are there. By the 4th quarter, he will have softened the D, and will get his longer runs, just like we saw the second half of the season last year. I can't believe our staff has not brought this up with him--or maybe I can.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    Have to give some credit to the coaches for the final TD run personnel. Substituted an extra O lineman to cave in the defense and create a massive hole for Dunn to run in and beat the safety. Played to our strength.
    I've often wondered why we don't do that more often

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Haven't read a ton of the rest of this thread but a few thoughts I have after the game.

Positives:
    Easton looked confident and had a really good game.
    I thought the offense would try grind out TOP, but its hard to be too critical of a team that put up 50 points.
    Lance Dunn had a very good game as well.

Concerns:
    Our secondary is young and needs time to find their way. They have been a concern of mine since January, and I wish I could say they are ahead of where I thought they would be, but they aren't.
    Our coaching staff has me absolutely shaking my head. Klieman's aw shucks, thats a really good team we played act has gotten way too old. I don't care that they are a really good team. Maybe they are. Maybe they aren't. They were 6-5 last year and its too early this year for me to say they have turned a corner and are now world beaters. NDSU is the 5 time defending fucking FCS champs. We are a really good team, a team with probably more talent than any FCS team we line up against, so knock that shit off. No one is going to feel sorry for NDSU.
    Klieman really needs to figure this clock management shit out. It seems like every game he has a gaffe. Spiking the ball after taking a timeout before the 4th down conversion is absolutely unacceptable. You could see as soon as they were unable to get any yardage on 2nd down that they were then playing for the tie, and why not, NDSU was having no trouble stopping EWU.
    Craig Bohl certainly wasn't perfect but the thing I loved about him as a coach is that everyone knew who was in charge. Details mattered. Penalties were unacceptable, and NDSU was going to dictate how NDSU played. We would have never seen the 3-3-5 because EWU likes to throw the ball a lot. We would have seen our front 7, easily the best in FCS, get after a very young offensive line and sophomore quarterback.

Rant over, on to Iowa.