Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Chamber Backs Bresciani

Default Re: Chamber Backs Bresciani

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Port was asked to comment and his response was, " Well, that's just like, your opinion, man."
    An opinion supported by quantifiable measurements of the growth under Bresciani's leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    The thing that always gets me is how is having a successful NDSU bad for UN_? I find it positively disturbing that anyone would want to punish either University for success.
    I worked in an office where the manager didn't want anyone to do anything. Why? Because then no one would notice he didn't do anything.
    Success of others is a spotlight on Und's failure to thrive.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

https://www.fargomonthly.com/communi...ersities-ndsu/

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sharptail View Post
    https://www.fargomonthly.com/communi...ersities-ndsu/

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    Someone needs to photoshop Brescani in that picture with the "Deal with it" sunglasses.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Thay have fully swallowed the Koolaid in copious amounts.

No, it is not my opinion why. They were clear, with examples, on why he didn't have his contract renewed: Communication breakdown, research needs improvement, lack of teamwork and lack of compliance with state technology law. Pretty laughable to claim the reasons "are only a big deal if you want them to be" when they caused him to not get his contract renewed yet. That seems like a pretty big deal to me, but of course I'm just spinning my own narrative.

Can you point out where in the communication that exposes the supposed witch hunt? So far it was the chairwoman of the board using the term "improvement plan" instead of a different phrase, when previous interviews stated they were going to work with him on improving the above mentioned issues, which may not be officially an improvement plan, but sounds pretty close to one. And let's not forget that that reason that said press release had to come out was because of the NDSU media-rights debacle and DB's subsequent handling of it.

Can you also point "who" it is that wants DB gone? First it was the UND controlled legislature, but we've already proven that doesn't exist. Then it was western legislators, but NDSU has ties to around 25% of the total legislature, yet they sit there silent while NDSU is being supposedly railroaded? Is it the SBoHE that has 4 of 8 members with NDSU ties? Because if that is the case, then maybe you should read between the lines to see that he isn't doing his job the way he should be.

As for getting into a legal mess, that is a pretty big stretch since all they have to do is let him finish out the school year and he's done. If whoever "they" are want him gone, there is no legal requirement for his contract to be renewed, so it is pretty simple. They don't need to harass him to leave or get into any sort of legal issues.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post

No, it is not my opinion why. They were clear, with examples, on why he didn't have his contract renewed: Communication breakdown, research needs improvement, lack of teamwork and lack of compliance with state technology law. Pretty laughable to claim the reasons "are only a big deal if you want them to be" when they caused him to not get his contract renewed yet.
    Until you ask them to back it up with concrete examples.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Something seems off with this post, so maybe I'm taking some bait that's so obvious it doesn't look like bait anymore....

No, it is not my opinion why. They were clear, with examples, on why he didn't have his contract renewed: Communication breakdown, research needs improvement, lack of teamwork and lack of compliance with state technology law. Pretty laughable to claim the reasons "are only a big deal if you want them to be" when they caused him to not get his contract renewed yet. That seems like a pretty big deal to me, but of course I'm just spinning my own narrative.
    Gonna copy and paste from a previous thread we had on this

- Improve communication? You mean the line or two that's on every single performance review of every employee everywhere?
    - Misleading the public/lying? That's what this politically correct world has come to? Sounds like my kids fighting - "He pulled my hair" or "He hit me". Having columns/opinions stating "President should resign" is insulting to me as a reader - let me come up with my own conclusions and if I can't, let me either ignore the story or do some fact checking myself (this post).
    - Not being a team player with UND? I'm confused here as I thought what's good for NDSU is good for North Dakota and is good for the taxpayers. There's gotta be two sides to this story, but we've only heard one.
    - Not jumping to NDUS's Office 365? Don't even get me started here. It doesn't matter if each institution had their own or if everyone went together in a group - it's all going to cost the same if the person in charge of the agreement did their job correctly. So what exactly is gained by lumping everything together?
    - Research rating dropping? Maybe I'm too naive here, but isn't NDSU's rating still on par with the other research university in the state? To me that says NDSU was right on the line of lower A and higher B (I'm sure those are inaccurate terms, but I didn't want to go look them up). Yes, the rating dropped, but is that level something to be ashamed of? Honest question that I don't know the answer to-what was the rating before Bresciani took over?
    - Not cutting spending and instead cutting an earmarked program that hasn't started yet? Yeah because we want to go through the same thing that UND just went through when they decided to cut Music Therapy? He decided to save money in future budgets by not starting the program at all.

Can you point out where in the communication that exposes the supposed witch hunt? So far it was the chairwoman of the board using the term "improvement plan" instead of a different phrase, when previous interviews stated they were going to work with him on improving the above mentioned issues, which may not be officially an improvement plan, but sounds pretty close to one. And let's not forget that that reason that said press release had to come out was because of the NDSU media-rights debacle and DB's subsequent handling of it.
    If you read the documents not highlighted by the FCC, you will find a few things. One letter between two SBOHE members where the board was definitely not in agreement with an improvement plan or anything of the like. If memory serves, there was a line in there that was close to "If what we discussed would ever come to being called an improvement plan, I would not have agreed to this." Those words (improvement plan) were chosen by the chairwoman carefully because once you say them, you can't take them back (sound familiar to what everyone said about Bresciani?). I, personally, find the reasoning given by Bresciani believable, and think the media is taking them drastically out of context.

Also, those documents uncovered a request for information from a member of the legislature (that ironically ended up on Rob Port's site). Ask yourself why anyone in the legislature cares about whether a University President is lying about some "media guidelines". To me it's ridiculous that state funds were used to request information about something the legislature has no (direct) control over.

Can you also point "who" it is that wants DB gone? First it was the UND controlled legislature, but we've already proven that doesn't exist. Then it was western legislators, but NDSU has ties to around 25% of the total legislature, yet they sit there silent while NDSU is being supposedly railroaded? Is it the SBoHE that has 4 of 8 members with NDSU ties? Because if that is the case, then maybe you should read between the lines to see that he isn't doing his job the way he should be.
    Just because someone has "ties" to a university doesn't mean they are invested in seeing it be successful. I had plenty of classmates at NDSU who only went there for a degree that wasn't offered at UND and they continue to trash NDSU and praise UND to this day despite the school name on their diploma. CAS has "ties" to UND, so he is obviously pro-UND, right? Many, many situations like this, but this really boils down to whoever wants to be the most vocal. Obviously, there is at least one member of the legislature that doesn't like him (the information request), Rob Port (and whoever is pulling his strings) doesn't like him, the FCC doesn't like him, the chairwoman (and whoever is pulling her strings) of the SBOHE doesn't like him. All of those except the legislature representative (can't publicly state you don't like NDSU's leader as that's career suicide right now) have a sounding board to display their displeasure. Don Morton made an assumption after the FCC's editorial piece by saying there was some good "evidence" in that piece. I'm assuming he didn't think that would get public, but even a high school freshman knows you have to look at both sides before making a statement damning someone with whom you have "ties".

What about the "proponents" of Bresciani? They post facts about what Bresciani and NDSU has done in the years he has been here and they get accused of "fully swallowed the koolaid". They continually get brought back to the "fact" that he lied, is arrogant, is too big for his britches. All are obviously great examples to not renew a contract of someone leading the most successful university in the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
    Something seems off with this post, so maybe I'm taking some bait that's so obvious it doesn't look like bait anymore....

- Improve communication? You mean the line or two that's on every single performance review of every employee everywhere?
    - Misleading the public/lying? That's what this politically correct world has come to? Sounds like my kids fighting - "He pulled my hair" or "He hit me". Having columns/opinions stating "President should resign" is insulting to me as a reader - let me come up with my own conclusions and if I can't, let me either ignore the story or do some fact checking myself (this post).
    - Not being a team player with UND? I'm confused here as I thought what's good for NDSU is good for North Dakota and is good for the taxpayers. There's gotta be two sides to this story, but we've only heard one.
    - Not jumping to NDUS's Office 365? Don't even get me started here. It doesn't matter if each institution had their own or if everyone went together in a group - it's all going to cost the same if the person in charge of the agreement did their job correctly. So what exactly is gained by lumping everything together?
    - Research rating dropping? Maybe I'm too naive here, but isn't NDSU's rating still on par with the other research university in the state? To me that says NDSU was right on the line of lower A and higher B (I'm sure those are inaccurate terms, but I didn't want to go look them up). Yes, the rating dropped, but is that level something to be ashamed of? Honest question that I don't know the answer to-what was the rating before Bresciani took over?
    - Not cutting spending and instead cutting an earmarked program that hasn't started yet? Yeah because we want to go through the same thing that UND just went through when they decided to cut Music Therapy? He decided to save money in future budgets by not starting the program at all.

If you read the documents not highlighted by the FCC, you will find a few things. One letter between two SBOHE members where the board was definitely not in agreement with an improvement plan or anything of the like. If memory serves, there was a line in there that was close to "If what we discussed would ever come to being called an improvement plan, I would not have agreed to this." Those words (improvement plan) were chosen by the chairwoman carefully because once you say them, you can't take them back (sound familiar to what everyone said about Bresciani?). I, personally, find the reasoning given by Bresciani believable, and think the media is taking them drastically out of context.

Also, those documents uncovered a request for information from a member of the legislature (that ironically ended up on Rob Port's site). Ask yourself why anyone in the legislature cares about whether a University President is lying about some "media guidelines". To me it's ridiculous that state funds were used to request information about something the legislature has no (direct) control over.

Just because someone has "ties" to a university doesn't mean they are invested in seeing it be successful. I had plenty of classmates at NDSU who only went there for a degree that wasn't offered at UND and they continue to trash NDSU and praise UND to this day despite the school name on their diploma. CAS has "ties" to UND, so he is obviously pro-UND, right? Many, many situations like this, but this really boils down to whoever wants to be the most vocal. Obviously, there is at least one member of the legislature that doesn't like him (the information request), Rob Port (and whoever is pulling his strings) doesn't like him, the FCC doesn't like him, the chairwoman (and whoever is pulling her strings) of the SBOHE doesn't like him. All of those except the legislature representative (can't publicly state you don't like NDSU's leader as that's career suicide right now) have a sounding board to display their displeasure. Don Morton made an assumption after the FCC's editorial piece by saying there was some good "evidence" in that piece. I'm assuming he didn't think that would get public, but even a high school freshman knows you have to look at both sides before making a statement damning someone with whom you have "ties".

What about the "proponents" of Bresciani? They post facts about what Bresciani and NDSU has done in the years he has been here and they get accused of "fully swallowed the koolaid". They continually get brought back to the "fact" that he lied, is arrogant, is too big for his britches. All are obviously great examples to not renew a contract of someone leading the most successful university in the state.
    So much this +++++++++

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post

Folks, please read this carefully if you think the witch hunt is made up.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Folks, please read this carefully if you think the witch hunt is made up.
    Oh it is real sweetheart!!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.