Thread: Bison vs Gophers post game analysis

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Bison vs Gophers post game analysis

I was at the Maturi Pavilion yesterday. Amazing atmosphere.

Offense:

We lacked variations. It was very predictable , our kids received the serve very well, second touch was a short setup and , third touch was wham (strike). Our girls did not fumble around or look lost they were efficient but they looked very boring on offense. I think this made it very easy to plan for Gophers.

Defense:

Oh boy, our libero is the best. Shot after shot, she kept defending those attacks and kept us in the game. She was phenomenal.
    Whats up with our blocking ? Our blocking looked weak. Gophers #10 and two other attackers had a filed day against our blockers. They kept hitting and most of the shots landed in front half of the court.

Overall, I think our girls are on par with those other Big10 kids, I think they are more taller and stronger. Our libero is good, our attack is boring and our blocking is weak. We need more tricks, techniques and sting in our attack.

vB_BIson1.jpg
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Default Re: Bison vs Gophers post game analysis

I didn't see any of it, but not surprised by the outcome. Big 10 volleyball is a way higher caliber than Summit League. Even Hinterstocker's best teams couldn't do much better against the Gophers.

533 In a row

Abbi Klos was named to the All Tournament Team of the Diet Coke Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephants Dream? View Post
    Abbi Klos was named to the All Tournament Team of the Diet Coke Classic.
    Not surprised.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I didn't see any of it, but not surprised by the outcome. Big 10 volleyball is a way higher caliber than Summit League. Even Hinterstocker's best teams couldn't do much better against the Gophers.
    Our blocking needs to improve. We were very bad in that area.