Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Bison TV station Central Minnesota - online petition

Default Re: New Bison TV station Central Minnesota - online petition

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I think there is a lot of validity to this. There are some nights when I'm in Kindred and radio stations have already powered down for the night and 1660 (among others) won't even reach those 20 miles. I've heard from my dad 60 miles away that there are days where he doesn't even try because there is no way he's going to get it. I know listening online is where everything is going but I wonder if there is a way to help out those that don't want to use that option.
    Bison 1660 at night is all syndicated Fox Sports stuff anyways so you're really not missing much. But basketball games are typically on at night as are post games shows and some football games. If you're in Kindred, 107.9 the Fox should come in like a charm.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I think there is a lot of validity to this. There are some nights when I'm in Kindred and radio stations have already powered down for the night and 1660 (among others) won't even reach those 20 miles. I've heard from my dad 60 miles away that there are days where he doesn't even try because there is no way he's going to get it. I know listening online is where everything is going but I wonder if there is a way to help out those that don't want to use that option.

Are you saying you cant get 1660 60 miles away? If so that's BS, I drive for work and listen regularly from Devils lake, Carrington, Thief River falls and everywhere in between, listened one day nearly all the way to Walhalla. but then again I have a newer pickup with a good radio, when it starts to cut out I plip on the app and good to go. Its not hard to listen to, let me be clear I'm talking the Daily shows, Insiders and Brakedown..
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Are you saying you cant get 1660 60 miles away? If so that's BS, I drive for work and listen regularly from Devils lake, Carrington, Thief River falls and everywhere in between, listened one day nearly all the way to Walhalla. but then again I have a newer pickup with a good radio, when it starts to cut out I plip on the app and good to go. Its not hard to listen to, let me be clear I'm talking the Daily shows, Insiders and Brakedown..
    Here's night time coverage

Here's day time coverage

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm able to pull it in from Bemidji when I travel there for work (daytime).

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by oldmantutters; 07-10-2017 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Last fall I was driving to my daughters house in Hope after the Chuck South game and lost 1660 long before I got anywhere near Hope. And I've got a fairly new vehicle with a good radio. Reception on 1660 is horrible, period. I've said it before, may as well use a couple tin cans and a string. I'd sure like to know who thought giving that station the contract was a good idea. Probably someone who's never been outside of Fargo.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Last fall I was driving to my daughters house in Hope after the Chuck South game and lost 1660 long before I got anywhere near Hope. And I've got a fairly new vehicle with a good radio. Reception on 1660 is horrible, period. I've said it before, may as well use a couple tin cans and a string. I'd sure like to know who thought giving that station the contract was a good idea. Probably someone who's never been outside of Fargo.
    Yeah if you are outside of Fargo it is a challenge. The good news is there are a ton of other affiliates that have Bison Football and basketball, including 107.9 The Fox.

Like I said before it would be awesome if someday they could find other stations throughout the region to simulcast The Insiders and The Brakedown. Guarantee if more people could get it, it would have a wider appeal and it would have a shit ton of live listeners. Until that happens, people will have to use Tune In radio, Bison 1660.com, or the mobile app

it took me a year but I pulled up the online Kool TV web stream during the game and it was blocked

Kool TV is now on Runestone and Federated cable. They added Arvig last year.

These are all Minneapolis local channel (not KVLY) markets so the games should be on the air. Not a huge population base but it's another 17000 people. Arvig added another 30,000 in population

Runestone Telecom
    Barrett 403
    Cyrus 283
    Donnelly 238
    Elbow Lake 1,152
    Hoffman 676
    Kensington 296
    Lowry 298
    Norcross 70
    Tintah 59
    Wendell 167

Federated Telephone (Swift County, Big Stone County)
    Population 9,419
    Big stone county 5,050

More eyeballs watching that didn't have over the air access before.
    Last edited by HerdBot; 06-24-2018 at 02:41 AM.