Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Bison TV station Central Minnesota - online petition

Default Re: New Bison TV station Central Minnesota - online petition

I saw on Kool TVs Facebook that their channel is now available for Arvig cable customers. I'm not that familiar with Arvig but they list the following cities as having offices in Minnesota.

Detroit Lakes
    Walker
    Wabasso (south east Minnesota)
    Twin Valley
    Sauk Centre
    Perham
    Pelican Rapids
    Parkers Prairie
    Park Rapids
    Melrose
    Henning
    Grand Meadow (southeast)
    Bigfork
    Bemidji
    Battle Lake
    Ada

North Dakota
    Bismarck, grand forks, Fargo

Here's the current TV coverage map. Do we see any new TV markets we will be in? I know the SE Minnesota would be new. I think Walker and Sauk Centre would be new. Bemidji looks like it might be in there. Maybe Park Rapids.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I checked local channels markets and anything that isn't Fargo would be a new market for Arvig customers. There will be a little overlap but let's face it most of those cities won't be competing with KVLY

Total population in these new areas is roughly 30k combined mostly in central Minnesota. Other areas get us on the program guide twice but otherwise not much of a benefit. Also Kool TV is free over the air in Alexandria already

Detroit Lakes (Fargo locals)
    Walker (Minneapolis locals) population 941
    Wabasso (Minneapolis locals) population 696
    Twin Valley (Fargo locals)
    Sauk Centre (Minneapolis locals) population 4,317
    Perham (Fargo locals)
    Pelican Rapids (Fargo locals)
    Parkers Prairie (Fargo locals)
    Park Rapids (Minneapolis locals) population 3,709
    Melrose (Minneapolis locals) population 3,598
    Henning (Fargo locals)
    Grand Meadow (Rochester locals) population 1,139
    Bigfork (Duluth locals) population 446
    Bemidji (Minneapolis locals) population 14,301
    Battle Lake (Fargo locals)
    Ada (Fargo locals)

Hopefully Kool TV can add a few more providers but this is a good deal for Bison football coverage. More eyeballs is always a good deal
    Last edited by HerdBot; 06-19-2017 at 12:06 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I checked local channels markets and anything that isn't Fargo would be a new market for Arvig customers. There will be a little overlap but let's face it most of those cities won't be competing with KVLY

Total population in these new areas is roughly 30k combined mostly in central Minnesota. Other areas get us on the program guide twice but otherwise not much of a benefit. Also Kool TV is free over the air in Alexandria already

Detroit Lakes (Fargo locals)
    Walker (Minneapolis locals) population 941
    Wabasso (Minneapolis locals) population 696
    Twin Valley (Fargo locals)
    Sauk Centre (Minneapolis locals) population 4,317
    Perham (Fargo locals)
    Pelican Rapids (Fargo locals)
    Parkers Prairie (Fargo locals)
    Park Rapids (Minneapolis locals) population 3,709
    Melrose (Minneapolis locals) population 3,598
    Henning (Fargo locals)
    Grand Meadow (Rochester locals) population 1,139
    Bigfork (Duluth locals) population 446
    Bemidji (Minneapolis locals) population 14,301
    Battle Lake (Fargo locals)
    Ada (Fargo locals)

Hopefully Kool TV can add a few more providers but this is a good deal for Bison football coverage. More eyeballs is always a good deal
    I hope they can continue to expand Eastward in Northern Minnesota. If they can get to the Duluth-Superior region, they'll gain about 400,000 viewers. It won't help NDSU's recruiting, but it'll grow their fanbase as that area likes great football as anywhere else in the country.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I hope they can continue to expand Eastward in Northern Minnesota. If they can get to the Duluth-Superior region, they'll gain about 400,000 viewers. It won't help NDSU's recruiting, but it'll grow their fanbase as that area likes great football as anywhere else in the country.
    Duluth would be HUGE but I think the best area would be St Cloud. Closer to our neck of the woods and the biggest city east on 94 between Fargo and the Twin Cities. Their whole metro is pretty big and Kool TV shares the same area code so may be more practical

Sweet! Now all the Bison fans at the lakes Labor Day weekend 2019 can watch the Butler game at Target Field on the tube....

Duluth would be HUGE but I think the best area would be St Cloud. Closer to our neck of the woods and the biggest city east on 94 between Fargo and the Twin Cities. Their whole metro is pretty big and Kool TV shares the same area code so may be more practical
    Plus that would be a better recruiting area. Not to be too critical to my neck of the woods, but Northern Minnesota is lacking great developmental football programs.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Sweet! Now all the Bison fans at the lakes Labor Day weekend 2019 can watch the Butler game at Target Field on the tube....

Boooooooooooo!!!!!!

Hail the BISON!!!

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I saw on Kool TVs Facebook that their channel is now available for Arvig cable customers. I'm not that familiar with Arvig but they list the following cities as having offices in Minnesota.

Detroit Lakes
    Walker
    Wabasso (south east Minnesota)
    Twin Valley
    Sauk Centre
    Perham
    Pelican Rapids
    Parkers Prairie
    Park Rapids
    Melrose
    Henning
    Grand Meadow (southeast)
    Bigfork
    Bemidji
    Battle Lake
    Ada

North Dakota
    Bismarck, grand forks, Fargo

Here's the current TV coverage map. Do we see any new TV markets we will be in? I know the SE Minnesota would be new. I think Walker and Sauk Centre would be new. Bemidji looks like it might be in there. Maybe Park Rapids.

I wish we could get half that kind of coverage for basketball in western ND. ANY coverage would be a step up actually. I can usually find UNI, and SDSU's men's and UNI women's game when scanning the radio while out on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I wish we could get half that kind of coverage for basketball in western ND. ANY coverage would be a step up actually. I can usually find UNI, and SDSU's men's and UNI women's game when scanning the radio while out on the road.
    No ESPN3 out there?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    No ESPN3 out there?
    Or Bison 1660 Mobile App or gobison.com stream, etc...

But I think he's talking about general radio / TV which has more of a casual reach and positive marketing effect. For the mobile/ESPN3, you have to actively be looking for it. When it's on state wide NBC.. pretty much anyone who has their TV on will stumble across it. That's great for the casual fans who sometimes morph into hardcore fans.