Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Bison TV station Central Minnesota - online petition

Default Re: New Bison TV station Central Minnesota - online petition

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Or Bison 1660 Mobile App or gobison.com stream, etc...

But I think he's talking about general radio / TV which has more of a casual reach and positive marketing effect. For the mobile/ESPN3, you have to actively be looking for it. When it's on state wide NBC.. pretty much anyone who has their TV on will stumble across it. That's great for the casual fans who sometimes morph into hardcore fans.
    ESPN3 shows up as a regular "TV station" in some services at this point, like Sling TV. If you are talking "old foggies" I agree with you, but the younger folks are so device oriented, ESPN3 very well may be better.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    ESPN3 shows up as a regular "TV station" in some services at this point, like Sling TV. If you are talking "old foggies" I agree with you, but the younger folks are so device oriented, ESPN3 very well may be better.
    True but I'm not an old fogie and I still TV surf the program guide for live sports. I also surf espn3 though. The thing about live TV is everyone who keeps the channel on live. Including bars and restaurants may see it. And everyone has NBC in the state

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    True but I'm not an old fogie and I still TV surf the program guide for live sports. I also surf espn3 though. The thing about live TV is everyone who keeps the channel on live. Including bars and restaurants may see it. And everyone has NBC in the state
    Bingo. In the winter I spend a lot of time out in the shop and catching a game on the radio would be fun. We generally have shit cell phone service around here, plus I am cheap and don't like to burn through our data. Admittedly, I am a casual Bison basketball fan, my days do not revolve around tip off time like they do for football. It would just be nice to have access to Bison basketball coverage. The good news is that I get at least two game a year when they play the Jacks! Bison Football coverage is good though, I wish we could have more game day recap like Nebraska does, yes, I get that on the radio and it goes about 12 hours straight. Obviously that is a different level of fandom and we are just not there yet in statewide coverage. Ideally, it would be awesome to just get a repeater station out here for 1660, Fargo commercials and all.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Bingo. In the winter I spend a lot of time out in the shop and catching a game on the radio would be fun. We generally have shit cell phone service around here, plus I am cheap and don't like to burn through our data. Admittedly, I am a casual Bison basketball fan, my days do not revolve around tip off time like they do for football. It would just be nice to have access to Bison basketball coverage. The good news is that I get at least two game a year when they play the Jacks! Bison Football coverage is good though, I wish we could have more game day recap like Nebraska does, yes, I get that on the radio and it goes about 12 hours straight. Obviously that is a different level of fandom and we are just not there yet in statewide coverage. Ideally, it would be awesome to just get a repeater station out here for 1660, Fargo commercials and all.
    You realize how little data audio from streaming radio uses, right? And if you're in the shop, you don't have wifi there? It's 2017, excuses are just that...excuses.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

EZ QB makes a solid point. Perhaps you have not considered how relatively easy it would be to run a cat5 cable out to your shop provided anywhere close to where you have your high speed service. Then, you can either directly connect a wifi device to that, or put in a LAN drop and do whatever you want. This device, for example, would work stellar for this kind of project: https://www.ubnt.com/unifi/unifi-ap-ac-lite/

Yes, some work, but all you have to do is plug the cat 5 cable in your router, trench it out to the shop, and connect and set up that device.....

Hell, if you do this, I'd suggest having wifi, and then also directly connecting a roku TV. You would never get anything done!

EZ QB makes a solid point. Perhaps you have not considered how relatively easy it would be to run a cat5 cable out to your shop provided anywhere close to where you have your high speed service. Then, you can either directly connect a wifi device to that, or put in a LAN drop and do whatever you want. This device, for example, would work stellar for this kind of project: https://www.ubnt.com/unifi/unifi-ap-ac-lite/

Yes, some work, but all you have to do is plug the cat 5 cable in your router, trench it out to the shop, and connect and set up that device.....

Hell, if you do this, I'd suggest having wifi, and then also directly connecting a roku TV. You would never get anything done!
    Or less techy....but similarly related...Run some speaker wire out to your garage of some sort. Thats what I did when we first bought our house way back. Put a splitter on one of the audio out ports on the computer and ran RCA cable out to the garage into an old receiver that has speakers attached. I guess if your out on the farm the distance to your garage might affect that, but mine is attached so I just ran it through the basement.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

I think it would be cool if they could figure out a way to get "The Insiders" or "The Brakedown" simulcast on a few other stations. The rest of the Fox syndicated stuff is pretty worthless as far as I'm concerned.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Like I said, it's Bison basketball and I am not that hardcore. I will just continue to listen to whatever is on the radio. The thing is, how many others out there are like me outside of the Fargo epacenter? Probably a lot more than you think. Plus, like I said, if I can catch Jacks games on the radio, there is no excuse for NDSU.

Another option is a wireless headset for your computer if your shop isn't too far away. Mine has a range of about 250 feet.
    It's OK to not be OK.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Like I said, it's Bison basketball and I am not that hardcore. I will just continue to listen to whatever is on the radio. The thing is, how many others out there are like me outside of the Fargo epacenter? Probably a lot more than you think. Plus, like I said, if I can catch Jacks games on the radio, there is no excuse for NDSU.
    I think there is a lot of validity to this. There are some nights when I'm in Kindred and radio stations have already powered down for the night and 1660 (among others) won't even reach those 20 miles. I've heard from my dad 60 miles away that there are days where he doesn't even try because there is no way he's going to get it. I know listening online is where everything is going but I wonder if there is a way to help out those that don't want to use that option.