Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What the hell is Claeys teaching ?

Default Re: What the hell is Claeys teaching ?

I think he taught us to stay off Twitter and never side with players over admin...Oh yeah and MN can't get out of their own way

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 1993bison; 01-04-2017 at 06:06 PM.

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So who is getting his job now that he got fired? PJ Fleck? Bohl?
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    It's Klieman. He and Mn athletic director Mark Coyle were high school teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by MN_Moose View Post
    It's Klieman. He and Mn athletic director Mark Coyle were high school teammates.
    Never.....
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    If Fleck can come close to beating the Badgers with limited resources... What can he do with Minnesota resources?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I haven't seen it anywhere but since it is the gophers we are talking about,is it outside the realm of possibility that they'd hire Lane Kiffin away from FAU?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I haven't seen it anywhere but since it is the gophers we are talking about,is it outside the realm of possibility that they'd hire Lane Kiffin away from FAU?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    That would be pretty expensive, I'm guessing Fleck is probably a front runner with maybe Bohl second
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    That would be pretty expensive, I'm guessing Fleck is probably a front runner with maybe Bohl second
    The boosters At Western Michigan are trying to privately pay him between 1.5 and 2 million. Right now he makes 800k but only 225k of that is paid by the school

Fleck has great ties to Kill and Minnesota and would likely keep things similar as is. He also was Jerry Kills main recruiter

Bohl would be a great hire but they would need to wait a few years to get his guys accustomed to his systems

Boise is flashier but they couldn't beat Bohl

I would actually hire Beau Baldwin before the Boise coach

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by 1993bison View Post
    Don't most road teams go for 2 and the win?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    And usually fail. I get being more aggressive, but some of the two point conversion stuff is dumb. One example is teams going for two when down 9 when an extra point makes it 8. Two point conversions are putting teams in worse positions generally then when they make it

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    And usually fail. I get being more aggressive, but some of the two point conversion stuff is dumb. One example is teams going for two when down 9 when an extra point makes it 8. Two point conversions are putting teams in worse positions generally then when they make it
    If you're down 15 late you are going to have to go for 2 at least once no matter what. And if you fail you need to generate another possession in order to win the game. If try for 2 after the first TD instead of the second you have more information about what you need to do with the rest of the game. It eliminates uncertainty instead of delaying it.

But, there's an even easier decision that coaches almost never make either. When you're down 14 and score a TD late you should attempt a PAT2 as well.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 01-04-2017 at 08:51 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie