Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: C.J. Smith

Default Re: C.J. Smith

I think that last spot is reserved for the 3rd quarterback once they sign one--especially since they don't have a true QB on the practice squad either. CJ needs an additional roster move to make the 53.

Quote Originally Posted by FM Bison View Post
    I think that last spot is reserved for the 3rd quarterback once they sign one--especially since they don't have a true QB on the practice squad either. CJ needs an additional roster move to make the 53.
    I've had many on the board preach to me until blue in the face it is unnecessary to have 3 QB's. I hope they are right.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I've had many on the board preach to me until blue in the face it is unnecessary to have 3 QB's. I hope they are right.
    Its totally unnecessary... until its not. See the Vikings this year, as an example.

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Why would you not sign one to the practice squad and have someone on the roster that could play special teams? Whether that's CJ or someone else getting the last spot, it should be a position player that can play special teams.

I doubt they have a 3rd QB on the 53 man roster

Go get the EAGLES app!

It shows the entire roster AND it shows CJ on the practice squad

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mesabison View Post
    Go get the EAGLES app!

It shows the entire roster AND it shows CJ on the practice squad

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
    We know CJ is on the practice squad. They only have 52 active at the moment though because of the O lineman trade and the speculation is CJ could get his roster spot back.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Does a practice squad player need to go through the waver process before they can be added to the active player squad?

no. they can be signed by anyone at anytime.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    We know CJ is on the practice squad. They only have 52 active at the moment though because of the O lineman trade and the speculation is CJ could get his roster spot back.
    That trade that sent Rowe to the Patriots is odd. Initially, it showed the trade included the o-linemen Cline, put New England's transactions show that he was just released and not traded and the Eagle's news on the trade just list the 4th round conditional draft choice.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck