Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: C.J. Smith

Default C.J. Smith

Encouraging signs from Eagles Training Camp via Bleeding Green Nation regarding C.J. making the 53-man roster

"McKelvin and Carroll are the starters with Brooks playing in the slot. Mills has been quiet since having a strong start to camp. Rowe has been up and down but should make the team. Smith has stood out, especially relative to being a UDFA from Division I FCS North Dakota State. The Eagles gave Smith some first team reps against the Colts. He's earned praise from Malcolm Jenkins. Philadelphia seems to like him. Aaron Grymes misses the cut here due to his shoulder.

Default Re: C.J. Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Montana-Bison View Post
    Encouraging signs from Eagles Training Camp via Bleeding Green Nation regarding C.J. making the 53-man roster

"McKelvin and Carroll are the starters with Brooks playing in the slot. Mills has been quiet since having a strong start to camp. Rowe has been up and down but should make the team. Smith has stood out, especially relative to being a UDFA from Division I FCS North Dakota State. The Eagles gave Smith some first team reps against the Colts. He's earned praise from Malcolm Jenkins. Philadelphia seems to like him. Aaron Grymes misses the cut here due to his shoulder.
    In the near future it is very possible one NFL team could have two starters from NDSU that graduated the same year, one on defense and the other on offense. Just think about that for a moment.

Eagles cut another CB tonight, they are at 74 players now, 21 more to go !! He can do it
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Eagles cut another CB tonight, they are at 74 players now, 21 more to go !! He can do it
    If Eagles really like he will make 53 man roster, which sounds like Eagles like him alot.. Before practice squad he would have to put on waivers and pretty sure some other team would pick him up pretty quickly..

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Jacorey shephard being cut is huge for smith's chance of making the roster. Shephard was the last major competition that smith had. Now it is only a matter of how many corners philly is comfortable keeping.
    Last edited by HerdistheWord; 08-31-2016 at 05:31 PM.

If CJ can excel on special teams, he has a real chance. Worst case, I do think he'll be on the practice squad.

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

CJ starting in tonight's game versus Jets.

Sounds like he has two solid tackles so far. Wish I could watch.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    Sounds like he has two solid tackles so far. Wish I could watch.
    Redzone. If you don't have it, wtf are you thinking?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Redzone. If you don't have it, wtf are you thinking?
    Hahahahaha. I have Sunday Ticket, but for some strange reason redzone isn't active in preseason.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif